A restaurant quality recipe for roasted browned butter Brussels sprouts that are made with only 5 ingredients and are super quick and simple to make.
I may never love another Brussels sprouts recipe as much as I love these. It was partly due to how scrumptious and perfectly crispy they turned out, but primarily because of how easy they were to make! Last week I was in no mood to be creative, and honestly was not even giving the blog a second thought. I simply wanted dinner and I wanted it 30 minutes ago.
My husband Cohl doesn’t normally like heating up food in the microwave (except for the occasional day-old coffee) so I thought I would take his advice and melt my butter on the stove. Well… since I’m there, why not brown up the butter and bring out its’ nuttiness?! Little did I know how spectacular nutty browned butter and crushed garlic could be!! After a quick toss of the Brussels, and the addition of a little S&P, they were roasting in the oven.
These sprouts taste wonderful paired with chicken, pork or even a good steak. I generally try to serve them with an additional Fall/Winter vegetable such as sweet potatoes or roasted carrots. All in all, these Brussels sprouts are bound to make even a vegetable-hater’s taste buds dance. Hope you enjoy!
Browned Butter Brussels Sprouts
A restaurant quality recipe for roasted browned butter Brussels sprouts that is made with only 5 ingredients and is super quick and simple to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To brown the butter:
- Place butter in a light-colored skillet over medium heat. (stainless steel works great)
- Once you see bubbles and foam appear, start stirring the butter every 10 seconds. (This takes about 1-2 minutes to happen.)
- Continue cooking and stirring the butter until it turns a light golden brown. (It will take about 4-5 minutes total to turn this color.) During the last minute of cooking add in the crushed garlic and continue stirring for one more minute.
- Remove butter from heat and set aside.
For the Brussels sprouts:
In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, browned butter with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss until sprouts are well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread sprouts onto it.
Cook Brussels sprouts in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want more recipes like these Browned Butter Brussels Sprouts?