A healthy and easy gluten-free banana peanut butter muffins recipe that is made with coconut oil and sweetened with maple syrup!
Want to know what makes these muffins so fluffy? Having made numerous batches of muffins the one key ingredient I have found to help significantly is coconut oil. When making not-so-healthy muffins I tend to include butter in the mix to give it extra flavor, but
When making not-so-healthy muffins I tend to include butter in the mix to give it extra flavor, but still like to incorporate a few tablespoons of coconut oil. One of the main concerns I have found from people when eating/baking gluten free is that the
One of the main concerns I have found from people when eating/baking gluten free is that the breads are too gummy or do not rise enough. While these healthy banana and peanut butter muffins are dense, they are nowhere near gummy and definitely rise to a nice and fluffy height.
Since these healthy banana and peanut butter muffins are made with pure maple syrup, coconut oil and brown rice flour they become a very versatile meal option. Pop them in the toaster oven, cut in half with a little butter on them and you have a healthier breakfast bread. Or you can sprinkle a little more coconut sugar on top of the butter for an afternoon snack.
If you or a loved one are allergic to peanuts, or would like to make these muffins a bit healthier, feel free to substitute the peanut butter for almond butter. Some almond butters are drier and less oily than peanut butters so consider adding an additional tablespoon of coconut oil.
These muffins were so good I am already thinking of variations I can make in the near future… But for now, I will just drool over the pictures since every last crumb is gone. :-O Hope you enjoy!
Healthy Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins
A gluten-free recipe for healthy banana and peanut butter muffins that are made with coconut oil and sweetened with maple syrup!
- ¼ c. coconut oil melted
- ½ c. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. bananas mashed (about 2 medium sized)
- 1/3 c. peanut butter no sugar added (can be smooth or chunky)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t.baking soda
- ¾ t. cinnamon divided
- 1 ½ c. white or brown rice flour
- ¾ c. tapioca starch
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- Or 2 ¼ c. all purpose GF/non-GF flour instead of the above 3 ingredients
- ¼ c. milk almondmilk or soy milk
- 1 ½ T. coconut sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine oil, syrup, eggs, bananas, peanut butter and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix for 30 seconds.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl combine the soda, ½ t. cinnamon, rice flour, tapioca starch and xanthan gum. Mix well.
- Alternatively add in the dry ingredients and the milk to the oil/syrup bowl, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix. You want ingredients to be just combined. (It’s OK if batter is a little lumpy)
- Spray a regular-sized mini muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray and fill each cavity to about ¾ full.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ¼ t. cinnamon and 1 ½ T. coconut sugar and sprinkle on top of uncooked muffins.
- Bake muffins in oven for 23-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Want more recipes like these Healthy Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins?
Check out these other muffin recipes here on Gluten Free with L.B.: