White chocolate gluten free blondies that are full of walnuts and finished with a sweet maple caramel sauce. These dessert bars are reminiscent of the delicious Maple Butter Blondies at Applebee’s.
When did Applebee’s get rid of their white chocolate blondies?! Having been gluten free for almost four years now, I have not been in the loop about all of the delicious desserts that have been taken off of restaurant menus. Did you get a chance to try their Maple Butter Blondies before you started your gluten free journey?
My dad and I had a tradition. Whenever our family went to Applebee’s we would essentially skip eating real food and head straight to ordering the most decadent thing on the menu… their Maple Butter Blondie.
I remember waiting in anticipation for that skillet to arrive at our table with a soft and rich white chocolate blondie topped with ice cream and tons of maple caramel sauce. The first bite literally made my taste buds dance!
It has been over 8 years since I have enjoyed this special ritual with my dad. Something within me in the past few weeks was urging me to make this dessert in gluten-free form. So off I went to work… trying to create these mouthwatering gluten free blondies with white chocolate and walnuts.
A little bit about these White Chocolate Gluten Free Blondies with Walnuts:
- They are addicting!!!
- Don’t make the same mistake I did. Make sure you have PLENTY of people around to help you demolish them. If you get a tummy ache from too much awesome-ness… remember, I warned you!
- Serving them with ice cream is essential.
- The cold ice cream with warm gluten free blondies and toasty maple caramel sauce is an epic combo. Don’t leave out the ice cream!!
- The maple caramel sauce stores great in the refrigerator.
- You may have a little extra caramel sauce. (That is, if you have any bit of self-control.) If you do, place it in a mason jar and store it in the refrigerator. Pull it out the next time you want to add a bit of sweetness to your ice cream. Simply heat it up, drizzle and enjoy.
Who are you going to share these White Chocolate Gluten Free Blondies with?
I would love to hear in the comments section below. Happy blondie-eating!
Maple & White Chocolate Gluten Free Blondies with Walnuts
White chocolate gluten free blondies that are full of walnuts and finished with a sweet maple caramel sauce. These dessert bars are reminiscent of the delicious Maple Butter Blondies at Applebee's.
White Chocolate Blondies:
- ⅔ c. butter softened
- 1 ¾ c. brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 T. heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ c. white rice flour
- ¾ c. tapioca starch
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- Or 2 ¼ c. 1-1 gluten free all-purpose flour instead of the above 3 ingredients
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 ½ c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. walnuts coarsely chopped
Maple Caramel Sauce:
- 3 T. brown sugar packed
- ½ c. maple syrup pure
- ½ c. butter
- ⅓ c. heavy whipping cream
- Extra walnuts
- Ice Cream
For the White Chocolate Blondies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Mix with an electric or handheld mixer on medium for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla and whipping cream. Continue to mix for an additional minute.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine flour, starch, xanthan gum, powder, soda and salt. Toss to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Once dough is thoroughly combined, add white chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix in by hand.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread dough out evenly in baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
For the Maple Caramel Sauce:
- Place brown sugar, maple syrup and butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a slight boil and then reduce heat to Medium-Low.
- Continue simmering for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off heat and add heavy whipping cream while whisking constantly. Whisk until cream is completely incorporated and a smooth caramel is made.
- Serve warm blondies with ice cream, caramel sauce and extra walnuts. Enjoy!