Donut + Mini Muffin = IRRESISTIBLE! One of the things I miss most about getting to consume the G-word is having donuts available any time you happen to get the craving. I honestly was never one to consume donuts on a frequent basis. In fact, I probably ate a donut once, maybe twice, a year. However, when you tell someone they CANNOT eat them any more… it only makes the craving even stronger! These mini cake donut muffins are the perfect treat to appease your longing. While no, they do not taste quite as good as a deep fried donut, they do make the taste buds quite happy. Hope you enjoy!
Mini Cake Donut Muffins
These mini cake donut muffins are the perfect treat to appease your longing.
- 1 1/3 c. white rice flour
- 2/3 c. tapioca starch
- ¾ t. xanthan gum
- Or 2 c. all purpose GF/non-GF flour instead of the above 3 ingredients.
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- ½ t. salt
- 2 t. baking powder
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- 3 T. butter melted
- ½ c. milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 3 T. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for the donut muffins together in a large bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together until just combined.
- Spray a mini muffin cup pan with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each cup to at least ¾ full. (You can use mini muffin cup liners if you prefer.)
- Bake muffins for 16-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean when done.
- While muffins are baking, whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- When muffins are still warm, dip each top in the glaze and cover completely. Let muffins cool before serving. Enjoy!