Wow. I am totally obsessed with raw “baking” now. Can you call it baking when you don’t actually bake the dessert? Probably not. Oh well. These bar are extremely addictive. Not only do they taste ahhh-mazing, but the fact that they are refined sugar free, butter free, and gluten free takes their awesomeness to an entirely different level. I originally made these treats for Cohl. He is a huge fan of sorta’ sweet, yet good for your treats. However, I found myself literally having to slap my own hand so I could leave the last bar for him. So fair warning, be prepared for your selfish desires to overwhelm you. But take heart in knowing you can always bake up another batch. 🙂 Enjoy!
Raw CocoaNut Peanut Butter Bars
These Raw CocoaNut bars combine the taste of coconut, chocolate, and peanut butter.
- ½ c. coconut oil melted
- ¼ c. honey
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. peanut butter
- ½ t. salt
- 2 ½ c. oats old-fashioned
- ¾ c. coconut flakes unsweetened
- ½ c. pecans chopped and roasted if desired
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Slowly add in oats until all are added.
- Hand mix in the coconut flakes and pecans. Spread in a 9x9 or 8x8 inch dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours so bars will become firm.