Hello everybody. I’m Cohl and this is my first appearance on my wife’s blog. Before I tell you about this dish, I will give you an intro into my way of cooking. In general, my food inspiration comes from trying to use up food before it goes bad. Before I met my wife, it was more like trying to use whatever was left in the fridge. Oftentimes, a crockpot meal will turn into a burrito, or open face sandwich. More frequently, a dinner entre turns into some type of breakfast food. That was the case in this situation.
*This Recipe is a follow-up to a recipe that was previously posted: Turkey Taco Mexican Lasagna*
Sunny Side Up Turkey Taco Lasagna
Turn leftovers into new meals with this turkey taco lasagna.
- 1 T. Butter
- ¼-½ Jalapeno seeded and chopped finely optional
- 1 c. Turkey Taco Mexican Lasagna
- 2 Eggs
- Guacamole optional
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- If you prefer spicy, sauté chopped jalapenos in butter for 6-8 minutes.
- Place the “Turkey Taco Mexican Lasagna” in the pan, and press into pancake shape.
- Make sure the edges of the circle are dense and higher than the center (This makes sure the eggs don’t run all over the pan). In the center portion of the pancake, it is better to leave some porosity, so use that spatula to create some places for the eggs to flow and bind together this breakfast pancake. I made my pancake 7-8 inches or so.
- Crack the first egg in the center of pancake. Break the yolk with your spatula and spread the egg out over the pancake.
- Crack the second egg and cover with lid for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Best served with guacamole or salsa of choice.