Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
This Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe is not only crispy and delicious, but it is also oven-baked to perfection. To make, simply wrap asparagus with par-cooked bacon, season, and cook these delicious bundles.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs. asparagus ends trimmed
- 8 slices bacon thick or regular cut
- 4 Tbsp. butter or dairy-free butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar*
- 1 tsp. salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper to taste
- Parsley optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Layer bacon strips on a wire rack and then place it on the lined baking sheet. Be careful not to let the strips overlap.
Bake bacon in oven for 12-16 minutes, depending on thickness**, or until strips are more than halfway cooked. Let bacon cool slightly before handling and drain bacon grease from the pan.
Wrap 4-5 pieces of asparagus in one strip of bacon. Place asparagus bundles back on the wire rack.
In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Brush over asparagus bundles and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until asparagus is cooked to your desired doneness.
Serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped fresh parsley and enjoy!
Meal Prep and Storage
- To Prep-Ahead: Pre-cook the bacon, wash and trim the asparagus, and wrap the bundles. Keep them sealed in the refrigerator up to 24 hours in advance. Coat with the sauce just before baking.
- To Store: Leftover bacon wrapped asparagus can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- To Freeze: It is not recommended to freeze as the texture will change.
- To Reheat: For the crispiest results place in a 350°F oven or air fryer until warmed through.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2.5mg