Creamy and healthy, this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is quick to make with just 5 ingredients! Make this smoothie for a simple and easy breakfast, or as a refreshing afternoon treat!
- If you are dairy-free or vegan, opt for a coconut milk or almond milk yogurt alternative.
- Nutritional facts are calculated with added honey.
Make Ahead and Meal Prep
Meal Prep: Place 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 banana cut into chunks, and half of a 5-oz. container of yogurt into a freezer safe storage bag. Place in freezer until ready to use.
Day of Serving: Let bag of fruit and yogurt thaw slightly at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Add fruit and yogurt to a blender with ¼ cup milk and 1 tablespoon honey and blend until smooth.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Freeze fresh strawberries. Fresh strawberries will have the most flavor and will be the sweetest. Freezing them captures that flavor and still results in a cold and creamy consistency.
- Add extra nutrients. Make this smoothie even healthier by adding in spinach, protein powder, oats, and even more fruit.
- Start with the banana. Loading the blender with the softer ingredients next to the blade allows for easier mixing.
- Test for sweetness. The amount of sweetener you need (if any) depends on how sweet your fruit and yogurt is. Sample the smoothie then add the sweetener as needed to taste.