- This recipe makes enough for two 8-oz. smoothies or one large, 16-oz. smoothie.
- Regular, oat, cashew, almond, soy, or coconut milk may all be used.
- Greek yogurt, goat yogurt, or any other plant or nut-based yogurt may be used.
Measure the ingredients and store in a freezer-safe bag. Keep for up to 3-4 months in freezer.
To serve, first slightly thaw by letting it sit out for 30 minutes. You can also pop in the microwave for a quick defrost. Then simply blend and serve!
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Use a combo of fresh and frozen fruits. This makes it easier to blend together.
- Buy organic when possible. Organic produce has more flavor, it's not so watered down. Plus, it's healthier for you!
- Make sure the banana is ripe. Unripe bananas will not be as naturally sweet and you'll end up needing to add a lot more sweetener.
- Choose an unsweetened milk. This ensures you can adjust the sweetness to taste. Plus, it cuts down on sugar.
- Take a taste before sweetening. Peaches are naturally pretty sweet so you may or may not need any additional sweetener.