Air Fryer Kale Chips Recipe
Perfectly crisp Air Fryer Kale Chips are easy to make in minutes for a healthy low-carb snack! Fresh kale is tossed with oil and salt then air fried into crunchy chips in this quick recipe. Get creative and customize these simple keto and vegan chips with tons of tasty seasoning options!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 bunch kale rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp. oil olive or avocado
- ¼ tsp. salt to taste
Prepare the Kale: a 6-quart Air Fryer to 350°F and let it heat up for at least 3 minutes. Remove the ribs from the kale and then tear the leaves of kale into 1-2 inch pieces.
1 bunch kale
Season the Kale: Add the kale leaves to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and then sprinkle with salt. Toss until all of the leaves are evenly coated.
1 Tbsp. oil, ¼ tsp. salt
Air Fry the Kale: Working in two batches, place half of the kale leaves in a single layer in the Air Fryer basket. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing the basket halfway through. Keep a close eye on them after the 3 minute mark - they will crisp up really fast after this! Repeat with the remaining kale.
Serve the Kale Chips: Sprinkle with additional salt or seasonings, to taste, and enjoy!
Prep Ahead Instructions:
You can prep the kale a day or two before air frying.
Keep these low-carb kale chips in a brown paper bag, or in a plastic bag with a paper towel. Keep them at room temperature for up to one week. They might get soggy in an airtight container. They will be best the first 2-3 days as they begin to lose their crispiness after that. It is not recommended to freeze these kale chips. You can make them crispy again by popping them back in the air fryer at 300° F for 1-2 minutes.
- Just the leaves. Slide the kale leaves off the ribs. It's much easier and faster to use your fingers instead of a knife.
- Go big. Tear chips a little larger. These tend to shrink down a good bit after air frying.
- A little goes a long way. Don't over-do the oil, or the chips will be soggy and not crispy.
- Watch close. They cook up quickly! Depending on your air fryer they can crisp up as quickly as 3 minutes and up to 5.
- Add some flavor. You can season these up in just about any way you like. Try some Parmesan cheese, chili powder, or even a splash of lemon juice for different flavor.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 70mg | Vitamin A: 1424IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg