A healthy afternoon snack or dessert recipe for frozen Greek yogurt bites. Lemon and blueberry flavors combine to make them a super fresh and fruity gluten free treat!
August, oh August… why do you have to be so hot?!
It is nearing the end of summer and it seems like the weather just keeps getting more hot and humid here in Texas. For some reason, every year the summer rolls around and I think it will start cooling off when August 1st hits. Oh how very wrong I am!!
This year Cohl and I have been beating the summer heat by enjoying our new canoe, jumping into Barton Springs pool and going down to the San Marcos river whenever we can. 🙂
What have you been doing to stay cool this summer?
When the heat hits I find myself much lazier in the kitchen. Extravagant meals that require slaving over a hot stove do not seem enticing in the least. All I want is quick, simple and of course, yummy! These frozen Greek yogurt bites are exactly that… full of fresh lemon flavor and bursting with juicy blueberries in every bite.
What type of Greek yogurt was used to make these frozen Greek yogurt bites?
- For the plain Greek yogurt, I used Chobani’s non-fat plain yogurt. It has a wonderful consistency and freezes great!
- For the lemon Greek yogurt, I used Chobani’s blended lemon yogurt. It has a little bit of added sugar to help sweeten the frozen Greek yogurt bites and lots of zesty lemon flavor!
What other flavors of frozen Greek yogurt bites can you make?
If lemon and blueberry aren’t quite your cup of tea, there are a lot of different combos you can try:
- Lime & Raspberry
- Vanilla & Strawberry
- Coconut & Pineapple
- You get my drift…
When serving the frozen Frozen greek yogurt bites be sure to let them sit at room temperature for 1-2 minutes. Eat quickly while they still hold their cup-like form and enjoy!
Tap stars to rate!
- 1 c lemon Greek yogurt
- 2/3 c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 T honey
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 ¼ c blueberries fresh
- Combine yogurts, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add in blueberries and mix until incorporated.
- Place cupcake liners in 12 regular-sized cupcake cavities. Fill each with equal amounts of the yogurt mixture.
- Freeze Greek yogurt bites for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Let frozen Greek yogurt bites sit at room temperature for 1-2 minutes before removing from the pan and liners.
- If you have any difficulty removing the bites, run a little lukewarm water on the bottom of the tray. Enjoy!
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Want more refreshing summer recipes?
Be sure to check out this recipe collection from some of the best food bloggers around! It is full of recipes that will definitely cool you down. 🙂