An elegant but super easy side dish, these oven-roasted beets are served with a slightly sweet and tangy honey ricotta and fresh herbs.
Today I bring to you the most simple, yet incredibly elegant, oven-roasted beets recipe!!
A few months ago Cohl and I had the pleasure of enjoying the “special” of the day at a local restaurant.
It was the most incredible pizza with figs, ricotta, herbs, and honey. *I may or may not have fought Cohl for the last piece!*
After my taste buds finished doing their happy dance, I set to work trying to concoct a spin-off from that tantalizing pie I could not seem to get off of my mind.
After a few failed attempts at stuffing ricotta into figs, I decided to ditch the figs and opt for a much healthier alternative… oven-roasted beets!
To be honest, I had NO CLUE beets were so jam-packed with nutrition.
Lately, I have been listening to a few different nutrition podcasts and am astounded at how often the podcasters will say beet this, beet that.
When it comes to nutrition, the beet just can’t be beaten! <– My corny side couldn’t resist!
What are the Health Benefits of Beets?
These oven-roasted beets are jam-packed full of nutrition:
- Beetroots are a great source of fiber, manganese, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamin B6.
- Beetroots contain a special pigment, betacyanin, that helps promote detoxification of the liver and is a powerful cancer-fighting compound.
- Beets have dietary nitrates that have the potential to lower blood pressure by converting into systemic nitric oxide in the body.
Have I convinced you to hop on the oven-roasted beets train, yet?! Trust me, your liver, blood vessels, and body cells will thank you!
How Can You Evolve these Oven-Roasted Beets with Honey Ricotta?
- Feel free to switch up the honey for maple syrup or agave nectar. (However, honey is definitely the best!)
- Don’t have golden beets? Simply substitute 1 pound of regular purple beets.
- Add additional herbs if you’d like! (Fresh sage or thyme would taste great, too.)
- Make your own Homemade Ricotta!
Oven-Roasted Beets with Honey Ricotta
An elegant but super easy side dish, these oven-roasted beets are served with a slightly sweet and tangy honey ricotta and then topped with fresh herbs.
- 1 lb. golden beets peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 lb. purple beets peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary finely chopped, plus more for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine beets, olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large zip-top bag and toss until beets are completely coated.
Place beets on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes, flipping beets halfway through.
In a medium-sized bowl combine ricotta, ¼ teaspoon salt, honey, and rosemary. Whisk until combined and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve beets warm with honey-ricotta and top with additional rosemary, if desired. Enjoy!
Want more recipes like these Oven-Roasted Beets with Honey Ricotta?
Twice Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese & Herbs
Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese & Sweet Potatoes
Leave a Reply