A blueberry champagne cocktail that is full of fresh lime juice, mint, and rum. It makes a wonderful party drink for birthday parties, holiday parties, New Year’s Ever or any other special occasion.
Champagne + rum = one light and refreshing cocktail that you have to try!
Cohl and I have a weekly date night. Normally, every Thursday night, we head on over to a local restaurant and sit outside on this huge patio overlooking the most beautiful part of Austin… Barton Creek Greenbelt.
Have you been to Austin, TX before?
If so, did you get to experience the Greenbelt when it was full of water?
If you have not gotten to experience this, you have got to come visit! And when you do… make sure you let me know so we can meet you there!
Anyways, back to this blueberry champagne cocktail! Most times we enjoy what our go-to date night spot calls a Texican. It is essentially a margarita but in shaker form. Instead of waiting for someone else to fix us a drink, I decided to get a little crafty in the kitchen. Champagne is by far the most wonderfully bubbly and refreshing alcoholic beverage on the planet… am I right? Why not make it even more light and refreshing by adding a bit of fruity blueberries to the mix?!
Here is what goes into this Blueberry Champagne Cocktail:
- Blueberries, duh
- Champagne, duh
- Rum, gotta add a bit of a kick!
- A little sugar, mint and fresh lime juice.
It is like sipping on an adult version of sparkling blueberry limeade!
This blueberry cocktail drink is meant to be something quick, simple and refreshing that you can throw together for an impressive drink.
Here are some substitutions you can make for this blueberry champagne cocktail:
- Use frozen blueberries instead of fresh.
- Simply heat up the blueberries until they start to burst.
- Use any flavor of rum you would like.
- Coconut rum was used in this recipe but regular rum will work great, too!
- Not feeling the blueberries?
- Feel free to substitute strawberries or even raspberries. But take note, the raspberries will have a lot of tiny seeds in the drink if it is not strained!
Want more recipes like this Blueberry Champagne Cocktail?
Blueberry Champagne Cocktail with Rum, Lime and Mint
A blueberry champagne cocktail that is full of fresh lime juice, mint, and rum. It makes a wonderful party drink for birthday parties, holiday parties, New Year's Ever or any other special occasion.
- 1 t. sugar
- 8 mint leaves
- 2/3 c. blueberries fresh or previously frozen
- 1 ½ oz. 3 T. lime juice
- 4 oz. 1/2 c. coconut rum
- Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- In a shaker place sugar, mint leaves, blueberries and lime juice. Muddle mixture together until blueberries are completely crushed.
- Add rum and ice to fill shaker almost to the top. Shake mixture vigorously for one minute.
- Divide the blueberry-rum mixture between two 16-oz. glasses. Fill each glass with ice to 7/8 full. Top with champagne or sparkling wine of choice. Garnish with lime and mint and enjoy!