Sage and cranberry mini meatballs are the perfect gluten free appetizer for your Christmas, New Year’s Eve or holiday party!
Need a New Year’s Eve, Christmas or holiday party appetizer idea? These mini meatballs on toothpicks are such a hit at parties!
I made these sage-infused, cranberry sauce-covered, melt-in-your-mouth meatballs a couple of weekends ago for our annual Christmas party. Before I knew it they were completely gone!!
Since I often have a difficult time deciding what appetizers and finger foods to make for parties, I will definitely be adding this one to my list of favorites.
Even though individually rolling all 48 meatballs was a little time-consuming, you can prepare the cranberry mini meatballs up to two days in advance and have them ready to just pop in the oven on the day of the party! I hope you all have had a very Merry Christmas!! 🙂
Cranberry-Sage Mini Meatballs
Sage and cranberry mini meatballs are the perfect gluten free appetizer for your Christmas, New Year's Eve or holiday party!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- ½ c. breadcrumbs gluten free
- 1 egg
- 1 t. sage dried
- ½ t. parsley dried
- ¾ t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 4 c. cranberries fresh
- 1 ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. water
- ½ c. orange juice
- 1 t. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. raspberry jam
For the Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. You want all seasoning ingredients to be evenly spaced throughout the meatballs.
- Roll each ball into 1-1 ½ inch balls. (Will make about 40-48 meatballs)
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place meatballs on the foil. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
For the Cranberry Sauce:
- While the meatballs are cooking, start the cranberry sauce by placing cranberries, sugar, water and orange juice into a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved turn the heat up to low-medium and let cook for 10 minutes. The cranberries should be soft and begin to burst.
- Pour cranberry sauce into a food processor and process until mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and jam and process for another 30 seconds.
- Once meatballs are done cooking, place them in a medium-sized baking dish and cover completely with cranberry sauce. Toss until all meatballs are coated.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with toothpicks and enjoy!
Want more recipes like these Sage & Cranberry Mini Meatballs?
Be sure to check out other appetizers here on Gluten Free with L.B.: