Now that we’re into the month of January I have begun to realize there is a real thing called the January blues. Well, maybe not a real thing, but I feel as if most people around me are going through something. It is as if we are all coming off of this Christmas and New Year’s high and into this cold fog of a daze called January. In an attempt to cure my own January blues, I decided to make this comforting dip full of black beans, corn, bacon and green onions. If you are feeling a little healthy, go ahead and try making it with turkey bacon. This dip is best served with tortilla chips, but any dipping chip will work just as well. My hope is to cheer those of you up who are also suffering from those terrible blues. Because remember, Super Bowl parties, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, etc… are only a few calendar days away! Hope you enjoy!
Black Bean & Bacon Party Dip
This black bean and bacon dip is best served with tortilla chips, but any dipping chip will work just as well.
- 2 15- oz. cans black beans drained
- 1 15- oz. can kernel corn drained
- 1 15- oz. jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- For the bacon, either cook it by the traditional stove-top method, or you can preheat your oven to 300 degrees and bake bacon for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. (The range is so broad because it really depends on the thickness of your bacon and your desired crispness).
- Combine bacon and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!