Grilled Fajita Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables are a healthy gluten-free, Paleo and low-carb appetizer or dinner recipe that can be served over rice or eaten in tacos!
First attempt at grilling… success!!
These last couple of months have been insanely crazy.
I tore my ACL, went to Oregon, then Utah, then had surgery, and now we’re trying to sell our house/buy a new one while my husband prepares for a 265-mile canoe race next weekend?!
PHEW!! Check back in a few weeks to see if I have totally lost my sanity.
During the first few weeks after tearing my ACL, between our trips to Oregon and Utah, I decided to whip up a bunch of recipes to share with ya’ll… Like these grilled fajita chicken kabobs.
Yes, I was totally stumbling around the house for the first week, but at about week two you could not keep me out of the kitchen… or away from the grill, for that matter.
Normally I try to perfectly time my need for grilled food with when Cohl will be home.
Let’s be honest… who likes to stand outside in 95-degree weather over a freakin’ hot grill?! In the past I would have quickly raised my hand… until I tried it out.
A Girl and Her Grill
My beautifully skewered kabobs were ready and waiting for their time to shine on the grill. And then… Cohl let me know he had to go meet a friend and would not be able to grill them up.
“You can do it!! There’s not much to it at all,” he told me, encouragingly.
WHAT?!?!?!?! With a few minutes of instructions and a quick kiss goodbye, I stared dumbstruck at this blazing-hot grill.
But deep down I knew I only had a few more weeks until my surgery, and who knew when I would actually be able to cook again.
I had to share these grilled fajita chicken kabobs with all of you, so that meant I had to grill!!
It. Was. A. Blast!!
Besides the fact that it was, indeed, a scorching 95 degrees outside, and I might have burnt myself a time or two while flipping these grilled fajita chicken kabobs…. BUT, it was totally worth it.
So all of you fellow ladies out there just know, there’s not much to it! Just lay your kabobs down, give ’em a good sear, flip and repeat!
Grilled Fajita Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
These kebabs are threaded with chicken and vegetables.
- Place cut red onion and bell pepper in a large, gallon-sized zip-top bag with 2 Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Toss to coat and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Fajita Chicken Marinade:
- Combine lime juice, ⅓ cup olive oil, soy sauce, and pre-mixed taco seasoning in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another large, gallon-sized zip-top bag place chicken cubes and marinade. Shake well and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
For the Kabob Assembly:
- While chicken is marinating, soak 12-15 wooden skewers in water until ready to use.
- Once chicken is done marinating, alternatively add chicken and veggies to the wooden skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Cook skewers for 3-4 minutes per side, totaling about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve these kabobs with cilantro and enjoy over rice, in tacos, or eat them on their own!
Want more recipes like these Grilled Fajita Chicken Kabobs?