A healthy, gluten-free and vegan recipe for no bake magic bars that is full of nuts, coconut, cacao nibs and natural sweeteners.
Hello healthy, meet delicious. A deliciously healthy dessert that does not make you feel uber guilty about eating it when you’re done?! Sign me up!! Over a year ago I discovered the awesomeness of raw desserts.
These desserts are made with natural sugars and are not heated above ~110 degrees, hence preserving all of the nutritional benefits found in the ingredients. Besides the fact that they are jam-packed full of feel-good nutrients, but they’re also super easy to prepare.
Forget the messy cleanup of batters and icing splatters. You only need 1 piece of equipment–a food processor. If you don’t have one yet, you should check out this one here. It’s the one I use and it has been tested to the max and still keeps on ah-processing.
So… about these magic bars. I consider them pretty magic since the crust is a fine mix of almond flour, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Yup, I’m on a nut butter kick this week (check out this PB&J Chia Seed Pudding recipe!), but I promise I will post something different next week.
After the peanut butter layer comes the “caramel” glaze. This glaze is made from dates, a little more maple syrup and water. Easy enough, right!
Sprinkle on a bit of coconut and cacao nibs (or chocolate chips if you’re feeling a little crazy), refrigerate and hide in the WAY far back of the fridge so no one else devours your guiltless treats before you do.
Hope you enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THESE HEALTHY NO BAKE MAGIC BARS?
I would love to know!! Tag a picture @glutenfreewithlb and #glutenfreewithlb
or leave a comment below!!
Healthy No-Bake Magic Bars
These no-bake magic bars are filled with peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate.
Peanut Butter Crust:
- 1 ½ c almond flour
- ½ c peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 2 T coconut oil melted
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- ¾ c coconut shredded, unsweetened
- 1 T coconut oil melted
- ¾ c dates pits removed, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c water
- 1 T . maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 T cacao nibs
- 3 T coconut shredded, unsweetened
For the Peanut Butter Crust:
- In the bowl of a food processor combine all of the peanut butter crust ingredients. Process for 1-2 minutes, or until mixture begins to hold together and form a ball.
- Press peanut butter crust into a parchment paper-lined 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Refrigerate while preparing the caramel glaze.
For the Caramel Glaze:
- Place oil, dates, water, syrup and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Process for 2 minutes, stopping every 20-30 seconds to scrape the sides. You want the dates to be completely smooth and the glaze to have a caramel consistency.
- (Optional) Place glaze into a ziptop bag and cut one of the corners. Squeeze glaze out of the bag over the peanut butter crust layer in a criss-cross pattern.
- If you don’t want to do the above, you can simply spread the glaze over the peanut butter bars.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2-3 T. cacao nibs and coconut over the caramel glaze.
- Refrigerate bars for at least 1 hour before serving and keep refrigerated between servings. Enjoy!
Want more recipes like these Healthy No Bake Magic Bars?