A recipe for healthy monster cookie bites that is gluten-free, vegan and only takes 10 minutes to make. These tiny bites of bliss make a great kid-friendly afternoon snack or dessert. A video shows you how easy they are to whip up!
The smell of new textbooks and the sound of zipping backpacks is in the air!!
Having been out of all types of school for a little over 2 years now (grade school, college, professional school, etc.) there is still something within me that gets a little excited about the start of a new semester. Whether it was getting to see all of my friends I had not seen over the summer, or finally cracking open that brand new, paisley-print notebook… something about the dawn of a new school year gave me a bit of excitement!
Are you currently in school? Or do you have kiddos that are going to school?
I would love to hear some of your favorite things about going back to school in the comments section below!
During the school year schedules get SUPER busy. Having a few tasty, and healthy, snacks on hand is a must! These healthy monster cookie bites are a wonderful combination of healthy and tasty all wrapped into one. Loads of gluten-free oats, 100% pure maple syrup, natural peanut butter and a few mini M&Ms make these healthy monster cookie bites a breeze to whip up. Check out how easy they are to make in the video below!
or watch it below!
Here are some ways you can make these healthy monster cookie bites even healthier!…
- Decrease the amount of mini M&Ms you add.
- OR… swap out the M&Ms for cacao nibs.
- Use a 100% natural peanut butter with no added sugar or salt.
These healthy monster cookie bites stay great in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. They taste best when they have been at room temperature for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Healthy Monster Cookie Bites
Only a few ingredients are needed to make these healthy monster cookie bites. They are perfect for a quick snack or dessert!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats gluten-free
- 1 cup peanut butter* smooth and slightly runny
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup mini M&Ms
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Scoop 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time. Press mixture between your hands multiple times to get it to stick together. Roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate healthy monster cookie bites for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
*You can heat peanut butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to make it a little easier to work with.
Want a few more recipes like these Healthy Monster Cookie Bites?