A gluten free and vegan pumpkin pie balls recipe that does not require any baking! They are loaded with protein and made with natural sugars.
Are you as excited about pumpkin season as I am?!? This recipe marks the first official pumpkin recipe here on GFwLB for the Fall season. While it still may be a little hot where you are (it totally is here in Texas!), these no bake pumpkin pie balls do not require any baking. Yup, only one bowl is needed and a few ingredients to make these healthy gluten free treats.
Want to see how easy these pumpkin pie balls are to make?
Check out the Video below…
What makes these Pumpkin Pie Balls so awesome?!
In addition to being gluten free…
- They are vegan! All ingredients in this recipe are free from animal products making them 100% vegan.
- There is no refined sugar here. Maple syrup is used as a sweetener within the balls and pure coconut sugar is used for the coating.
- They are full of Fall flavor! Of course, they have pumpkin, but they also have a bit of cinnamon and pumpkin spice making them taste and smell just like Fall.
Storage Tips for these Pumpkin Pie Balls:
Normally, these pumpkin pie balls stay great for 2-3 days when left uncovered and at room temperature. During my experimentation with this recipe, I came across a fantastic result:
**If you would like to store these pumpkin pie balls for a longer time, place the balls you would like to save in the FAR back of your refrigerator, uncovered and untouched! During the process, the balls will start to look a little soggy, but if left in the refrigerator for a day or two the coconut sugar will harden on the balls and they will keep for up to two weeks refrigerated. Patience is key!**
If for some reason the balls do get a little soggy, you can always roll them in a bit more coconut sugar and serve.
Happy Pumpkin Pie Ballin’!
Want to save the yumminess for later?
Tap stars to rate!
Pumpkin Pie Balls:
Coconut Sugar Coating:
- ¼ c. coconut sugar
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl combine oat flour and almond flour. Toss to combine.
- Add remaining pumpkin pie ball ingredients and mix until well incorporated, using your hands towards the end to ensure even mixing.
- In a small bowl combine coconut sugar, ¼ t. cinnamon and ¼ t. pumpkin pie spice. Toss to combine.
- Scoop out 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie ball mixture. Roll into a ball.
- Place pumpkin pie ball in the coconut sugar bowl and roll to completely coat it. Place on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Repeat the above two steps with the remaining pumpkin pie ball mixture.
- For best texture, serve immediately. Pumpkin balls stay great at room temperature for 2-3 days. Make sure to not store the balls in an airtight container or the pumpkin will make the balls get very soggy.
- **If you would like to store these balls for a longer time, place the balls you would like to save in the far back of your refrigerator, uncovered and untouched! During the process the balls will start to look a little soggy, but once left in the refrigerator for a day or two the coconut sugar will harden on the balls and they will keep for up to two weeks. Patience is key!**
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Want more recipes like these No Bake Pumpkin Pie Balls?
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Bites