Thinking about how to reheat fries in an air fryer for the next time you have leftovers? You’re in the right place for all the tips to make your homemade or fast food fries just as crispy as day one. Turn to the air fryer as the best method for giving fries a second life in just a couple minutes.
Can I reheat fries in the air fryer?
Of course you can reheat fries in the air fryer—it’s the best way to do it! The air fryer method really only takes a couple of minutes, and you’ll get the same delicious fries every time. Whether you have a toaster oven air fryer or basket air fryer, the cooking time is the same.
How to Reheat Fries in the Air Fryer
The reheating process in the air fryer depends on the thickness and quantity of fries. Either way, your fries will take a very short amount of time. Whether they are leftover soggy fries, curly fries, waffle fries, steak fries, or thin fries, follow these 4 simple steps for the best results:
Pro Tip: If you’re looking to buy this amazing kitchen appliance, consider my favorite trusty air fryer.
Here are the simple steps for reheating fries:
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Once your air fryer is hot, add the fries to the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. You might have to reheat your fries in batches if they don’t all fit.
- Cook thin fries for 2-3 minutes max, and thick fries for 3-5 minutes shaking them every 1-2 minutes.
- If they aren’t as crispy as you’d like, keep them in the air fryer for an extra minute.
Pro Tip: If your fries weren’t originally deep-fried, then brush on a little bit of olive oil for a crispy finish.
Why is air frying leftover fries the best way?
Air frying leftover fries activates the oil that’s already on the fries helping you crisp them up when they’re day-old. There is no need to coat them again with extra oil because the hot air of the air fryer does that work for you.
What are the benefits of using an air fryer to reheat fries?
There are many benefits to air frying leftover fries, one being that you get that crispy almost McDonalds -like texture. Additionally, it takes less than 10 minutes! It’s such an easy way to whip up a side dish to any meal no matter the type of fries.
Fries Expert Tips & Tricks
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer. Make sure you place your fries in a single layer and batch cook them if you don’t have enough room for all of them.
- Bring your leftover fries from a restaurant to room temperature before adding them in the air fryer. This prevents a soggy fry.
How to Store Fries
There are two ways to store fries:
- In an airtight container or bag for up to 3 days, OR
- In the freezer for up to 3 months after the fries have cooled completely.
If stored in an airtight container or bag, they will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Using an air fryer is the best way because the hot air circulates all around the fries, reviving their crispiness.
Use leftover fries for salad toppings, soups, and pizzas. Create nacho fries or casseroles or put them inside burgers, sandwiches, and burritos.
Yes, thanks to the air fryer, you can enjoy restaurant-style fries at home in just a few short minutes!
Reheat your fries in an air fryer or oven at a low temperature (350°F) for just a few minutes to crisp them back up.
No, as long as you place your fries in a single layer, an air fryer will not make them soggy or dry.
Yes, it’s completely safe to reheat already cooked fries.
The temperature might be too low, or the air fryer basket might be overcrowded.
Yes, simply preheat your air fryer to 375°F for 5 minutes. Then, add the fries in for 10 minutes.
An initial layer of spray oil can enhance leftover fries’ crispiness, but too much oil will make them soggy.
The Best Fries Recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Easy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Air Fryer Tips & Tricks
- How Does An Air Fryer Work?
- How to Clean an Air Fryer (Fast & Deep-Clean)
- Can You Put Parchment Paper in An Air Fryer?
- Can You Put Foil in An Air Fryer?
How to Reheat Fries
Thinking about how to reheat fries in an air fryer for the next time you have leftovers? You're in the right place for all the tips to make your homemade or fast food fries just as crispy as day one.
Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
Add the fries to the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. If they don't all fit in a single layer, reheat them in batches.
Cook thin fries for 2-3 minutes max, and thick fries for 3-5 minutes shaking them every 1-2 minutes.
If they aren't as crispy as you'd like, keep them in the air fryer for an extra minute.
If your fries weren’t originally deep-fried, then brush on a little bit of olive oil for a crispy finish.
Leave a Reply