Super cute and personal, these individual healthy 7-layer dips are my guests’ favorite snack at parties! This dip recipe is perfect for Christmas, New Year’s Eve, or even Game Day parties. This post has been sponsored by Fresh Cravings. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
For the last 6 years, Cohl and I have been having an annual Christmas party.
Normally 35-40 of our best friends come to our home, enjoy good music, a bit of Christmas cheer, and lots of yummy food.
This year we decided to make our Christmas party a little bit more exciting by giving it a theme… Christmas pajamas!!
It was a BLAST. Everyone went all out in their onesies, matching flannels, and long johns. We just might have to repeat this theme again. 🙂
The menu for the party consisted of a slow cooker full of vegan spinach artichoke dip, Paleo chocolate chip cookies, and of course… these adorable individual healthy 7-layer dips.
I made a pyramid of the cups full of this healthy 7-layer dip on a white cake stand and guests devoured them before I could snap a picture!
Five-ounce cups are full of seven different layers of your favorite Mexican flavors.
Guacamole, a healthy “sour cream”, black beans, and of course… salsa!!
What Kind of Salsa Did I Use in these Individual Healthy 7-Layer Dips?
This piece of the healthy 7-layer dips puzzle is crucial.
In order to balance out the creaminess of the guacamole and healthy “sour cream” layers, you need a salsa that is crisp, bold, and full of vibrant flavors.
I found all of that, and more, in the Fresh Cravings salsa at Wal-Mart. (Find a Walmart store here.)
Fresh Cravings salsa is made with fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes and vegetables and is not cooked or pasteurized, which means the tomatoes and vegetables maintain all their nutrients as well as their fresh taste and crisp texture.
And the best part… it’s only $2.98 for a 16-oz. container! <– If you know my hubby, this will save us TONS of money this year!
Where Can You Find Fresh Cravings Salsa?
Fresh Cravings salsa is a refrigerated salsa and can be found in their chilled produce section <– You know the spot. It’s the place you always shiver as you walk by and wish you had a jacket!
So What Makes these Individual Healthy 7-Layer Dips “Healthy”?
Each layer of this dip is a bit healthier than your normal 7-layer dip:
- Layer 1: Homemade Guacamole that is made with only avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper!
- Layer 2: Healthy “Sour Cream” that is not sour cream, but is actually Greek Yogurt! Cohl thought this was sour cream until his 6th cup.
- Layer 3: Refrigerated Fresh Cravings salsa that is not cooked or pasteurized.
- Layer 4: Black beans instead of refried beans.
- Layer 5: Whole kernel corn for the yellow color instead of cheddar cheese.
- Layer 6: Fresh Roma tomatoes.
- Layer 7: Crisp green onions.
What Kind of Cups Did You Use for these Individual Healthy 7-Layer Dips?
The cups I used were 5-oz. clear plastic cups with lids.
If you use this size you will get about 12 of these individual 7-layer dips before your beans and corn run out.
This size is the perfect amount of dip for most people without any of it going to waste!
How Long Can I store these Healthy 7-Layer Dips?
So I ran a little science experiment in our refrigerator and surprisingly… at Day 5 these individual healthy 7-layer dips still tasted, and looked, amazing!
I was a little worried about the guacamole turning brown. However, since it is at the bottom of the cup it does not get much, if any, oxygen and stays a beautiful green for days.
Best advice: If you’re serving these for a party, make them no more than a day or two in advance. You can always eat the leftovers, if there are any, for a few days after the party!
And don’t forget!! To take advantage of this Ibotta offer to earn $1.00 back on your purchase of Fresh Cravings Salsa!!
Individual Healthy 7-Layer Dips
Super cute and personal, these individual healthy 7-layer dips are my guests' favorite snack at parties! This dip recipe is perfect for Christmas, New Year's Eve, or even Game Day parties.
- 2 large avocados peeled, pit removed
- ½ lime juice
- ¾ tsp. salt divided
- 3/8 tsp. pepper divided
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt plain*
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1-16 oz. container Fresh Cravings salsa restaurant style
- 1-15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz. can whole kernel corn drained
- 3 roma tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped
- Queso fresco optional
- To make the guacamole layer, combine avocados, lime juice, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 tsp pepper in a large bowl.
- Mash ingredients with the back of a fork or with a potato masher until your desired consistency is reached.
- In a separate large bowl combine yogurt, cumin, paprika, ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Fill a 5-oz. plastic cup with 2 tablespoons guacamole, 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture, 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons black beans, 2 tablespoons corn, 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes, 1 teaspoon green onions, and queso fresco.
- Repeat the above step with the remaining ingredients.
Serve the individual 7-layer dip cups immediately with tortilla chips or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*The longer the cups sit in the refrigerator, the more liquid that accumulates at the top. Simply tip the cups to the side and drain any excess liquid onto a paper towel, as needed.