You won’t believe how good these Paleo chocolate banana muffins taste and they’re healthy enough to eat for breakfast!! They’re made with coconut flour, almond flour and sweetened with pure maple syrup for a grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free muffin recipe.
These Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins are soooooo good that I will definitely be adding this recipe to the “Recipes-to-make-in-the-future-to-be-the-super-cool-mom-in-the-class” folder. Totally not kidding.
While kids are not quite in our near-to-far future, Cohl and I have already concocted our scheme.
Cohl absolutely loves to adventure outside. Whether that is canoeing down the river, running in the park, climbing trees, riding his bike around town, or taking us camping… that man loves to explore!
Part 1 of our scheme is to lure all of our future kids and their friends to our house with exciting outdoor adventures, led by none other than my hubby.
Part 2 of our grand idea is to always have delicious (and healthy!) food and snacks available for the kiddos to enjoy after their ridiculously awesome escapade. (–> Like these Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins!!)
Not quite sure how our master plan will pan out, but our ultimate goal is for the Brazil house to be the most fun house in the class. We’ll see how that goes in 10 years!
For now, I at least have the satisfaction of know that all of our friends absolutely LOVED these paleo chocolate banana muffins.
They had NO idea that they were actually grain-free, butter-free and good for you!
I would have to say, Mission Accomplished.
One of my favorite things to do is to make food that tastes great but is secretly healthy for you. These Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins are exactly that!
How Can You Evolve these Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins?
These healthy muffins are already grain-free, gluten-free, Paleo, dairy-free, and vegetarian, but there are a few things you can do to make them slightly healthier!
- Use cacao nibs, not mini chocolate chips, for a completely refined sugar-free muffin.
- Add pecans or walnuts for added fiber and omega-3s.
- Substitute flax eggs for the regular eggs to make these muffins vegan.
Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins
Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins taste are made with coconut flour, almond flour and sweetened with maple syrup for a grain-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free muffin recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-count cupcake tray with liners and spray each one with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, extract, maple syrup, banana, and coconut oil. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until just combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Toss to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the larger bowl of wet ingredients. Mix by hand until just combined after each addition.
- Stir in caco nibs by hand until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner with equal amounts of muffin batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
*If you want muffins to be refined sugar-free use cacao nibs. **Nutrition information was calculated with cacao nibs.
Want more recipes like these Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins?