Paleo molasses cookies that are also vegan, gluten-free and do not require any baking! These no-bake cookies make a great healthy cookie recipe for your holiday season.
No-Bake Cookies for the Holidays!
The flavors of Christmas abound in these no-bake paleo molasses cookies!
Every year going into the holiday season I swear that I am going to watch how much sugar I eat. Before I know it, batches of Super Soft Pumpkin Snickerdoodles and Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies have overtaken my kitchen… and my diet.
Let me make sure I clarify something here… By no means am I suggesting you deprive yourself of all things sweet during this cookie and candy-filled season. Because if you do, you just might miss the most perfect Cut-Out Sugar Cookies that are coming to the site very soon!
Instead, I hope to be able to give you a sweet treat that will not break your calorie bank and will actually make you feel good about what you are eating!
Why are these No-Bake Paleo Molasses Cookies so healthy?
As you already know, these cookies are paleo, meaning they are absolutely free of all grain! Almonds and pecans make up the majority of the cookies and provide good-for-you fats and fiber.
These molasses cookies are also naturally sweetened with maple syrup, molasses, and coconut sugar. This means you can eat them and not have that horrible sugar-hangover feeling.
A little coconut oil is included as well as the antioxidant-rich spices cinnamon, ginger, and cloves!
Storing and Serving No-Bake Cookies
Refrigerating these paleo molasses cookies will ensure they stay fresh for the longest time possible. The maximum time for storage is about 2 weeks. After two weeks they start to lose their spicy punch.
Just before eating, make sure to let them come to room temperature for 10 minutes. Doing this ensures the cookies have the best texture possible.
Want more recipes like these Paleo Molasses Cookies?
Tap stars to rate!
- 2 c almonds raw
- 2 c pecans raw
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp maple syrup pure
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- In the bowl of a food processor combine almonds and pecans. Process for 2 minutes, or until nuts resemble a fine crumb.
- Add spices and salt. Process for another 10 seconds.
- Add molasses, syrup and coconut oil. Process for another 1-2 minutes, or until mixture begins to form a ball.
- Scoop out a 1 ½ - 2 tablespoon-sized ball of molasses cookie “dough.” Shape dough into a ball and roll in coconut sugar. Pat ball into a flat, ¾ - inch thick cookie and sprinkle with additional coconut sugar.
- Repeat above step with remaining molasses cookie “dough.”
- Refrigerate molasses cookies for 30 minutes before serving. Be sure to keep cookies refrigerated between servings. Enjoy!
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.