Slow cooker pineapple pulled pork recipe that can be served in tacos or on a bun for a burger. As a bonus, it is served with a delicious, homemade pineapple BBQ sauce!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
You don’t have to heat up your kitchen with this recipe.
This slow cooker pineapple pulled pork recipe will make your life a breeze!!
One of the things I dread about the summertime is how hot our Texas kitchen gets when I turn on the oven. I find myself using our retro toaster oven and slow cooker so much more.
No A/C = Crock Pot Pineapple Pulled Pork!
For the first 3 years of our marriage, we lived in old houses with A/C window units.
You can imagine how hot it got!! Even now in our new, 2008-built house the central A/C just can’t keep up with how toasty it gets when the oven is turned on and it’s 95+ degrees outside.
Instead, I tend to eat a little healthier (not as much cookie and cake-baking!) and make more meals in our Crock Pot.
Pulled Pork Tacos in ATX
Living in Austin, TX we are alllll about the tacos. Al pastor, migas, steak and chicken… you name it, we love it!
These slow cooker pineapple pulled pork tacos are a little sweet and a little savory for the perfect flavor combo.
After cooking the pork in the slow cooker, a quick pineapple barbecue sauce is whipped up in a blender or food processor.
This sauce gives these tacos the extra WOW! factor.
Top them with your crumbled cheese of choice (goat cheese, feta, queso fresco…) some green onions and cilantro and you have yourself some food truck-worthy tacos.
Don’t have a Crock-Pot yet?
Slow cookers are an extremely affordable kitchen appliance that are well worth the space they take up in your kitchen. They come in various sizes, but I would highly encourage you to get at least a 6-QT Crock-Pot. This will give you plenty of room to make big batches of soup, stew or even queso dip for a party.
Not wanting to clean up a mess?
Sometimes your slow cooker can be a bit of a hassle to clean-up. If you want to save even more time, these Slow Cooker Liners can be thrown away after use.
This recipe makes A LOT of pineapple pulled pork. It will feed about 8 people ~2 tacos each, so it is perfect for feeding a small crowd.
And if you like this recipe, you’ll probably like this Slow Cooker Pork Roast, too!
Tap stars to rate!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2.5 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 28 oz. canned pineapple chunks with juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce , gluten free
- 2 Tbsp. apricot preserves
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup reserved pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbsp. apricot preserves
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Place pork tenderloins in a large crockpot.
- Combine pineapple juice from can, soy sauce, preserves, garlic powder and pepper in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over pork tenderloins and add all but ¾ cup pineapple chunks. You will reserve these pineapples for the pineapple sauce.
- Set slow cooker to Low for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes shred pork and let cook for the remaining time.
For the Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- If you like your BBQ sauce hot, heat it up in a small saucepan before serving.
- Drain excess liquid from the shredded pork in the slow cooker.
- Serve pork in corn tortillas with cilantro, goat cheese, green onions and pineapple sauce. Enjoy! See this recipe in Meal Plan #7.
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.