Pile up your favorite Mexican-inspired fixings on these super quick breakfast tostadas!! Toasted corn tortillas are loaded with eggs, black beans, avocado, and pico de gallo for an awesome way to start your morning.
If there was one food group I couldn’t live without it would be tacos. <– Yes. Tacos are totally a food group here in Texas and definitely at the Brazil casa.
I love them so much so that I had to come up with another way to disguise this tasty wrap.
Although it was a vain attempt at tricking my eyes into thinking I was eating something completely different, a new favorite food group was born when I whipped up these breakfast tostadas!
Breakfast Tostadas or One Ginormous Nacho?
Unlike your typical taco that drips out delicious toppings from the backend, these breakfast tostadas are more like ONE GINORMOUS NACHO!
If held perfectly flat, you will be able to enjoy your entire breakfast tostada without dropping a single topping.
If you are able to do ^^this^^, please let me know by commenting below. Even my well-practiced, tostada-loving-self has yet to accomplish this feat.
What Toppings Taste Good on these Breakfast Tostadas?
Absolutely any and everything that you love on tacos can be thrown onto your breakfast tostadas. Some of our favorite toppings include:
- Refried black beans, no salt/fat added.
- Avocado <– Duh!
- Queso fresco, shredded cheddar, or any other cheese that happens to be in our cheese drawer.
- Pico de Gallo, chopped tomatoes, or tons and tons of salsa <– This is how Cohl enjoys his!
- Cilantro & green onions for that added bit of freshness.
How Long Until My Tostadas are Ready?
From the beginning of cooking to the time you are scarfing them down is under 15 minutes. I’d consider that a *winner* in my book considering how hangry we (-I-) get in the morning. :-O
Tap stars to rate!
Super Quick Breakfast Tostadas with Eggs & Beans
- In a medium-large non-stick skillet saute onions and olive oil over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, salsa, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add eggs to skillet and scramble for 2-4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Place 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place two corn tortillas in the heated skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. The tortillas should start to slightly brown before flipping.
- Once tortillas are lightly browned on both sides, remove tortillas and place on a paper towel to drain. Repeat above step with the remaining tortillas.
- Layer each toasted tortilla with refried beans, eggs, avocados, queso fresco, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Want more recipes like these Breakfast Tostadas?
Cohl’s Quick Breakfast Tacos