Start your day off with this Very Berry Beet Smoothie that is FULL of nutrition and flavor! This vegan breakfast smoothie is made from strawberries, blueberries, bananas, raw beetroot powder, and then sweetened with stevia. This post has been sponsored by Wholesome. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Turn up the BEET Smoothie!
Who else out there has become swept up in the beet craze?
I feel like it was not too long ago that most people would have turned up their nose at a berry beet smoothie recipe.
But not anymore! The word has gotten out that beets are HIGHLY nutritious and actually taste REALLY good when prepared properly.
However, sometimes there is just TOO much of that earthy, beet-ey goodness for my taste… even when paired with naturally sweet berries.
The fix?… All of that beet flavor needs to be balanced out by a touch of sweetness.
What Kind of Sweetener Did I Use in this Very Berry Beet Smoothie?
My sweetener of choice in this vegan breakfast smoothie recipe is Wholesome Organic Stevia. This sweetener not only tastes great when paired with the beet powder, but it is also:
- Free from additives and artificial ingredients
- USDA organic
- Zero calories and no glycemic impact
- Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Kosher
Learn even more about their products and brand here! Normally I prefer to buy the packets that can be found in 35, 75, 120, or 300-count cartons. But you can also use the 6 oz. jar of Wholesome Organic Stevia, too!
Where Can I Find Wholesome Organic Stevia?
You can find Wholesome Organic Stevia to use in your beet smoothie at many of your local grocers in the baking aisle.
Locate your nearest store by using this store locator.
Also, you can buy Wholesome Organic Stevia at their online store or you can purchase it on Amazon!
Want a Deal on Wholesome Organic Stevia?
Easy Breezy Beet Root Powder
Normally beets can be quite time-consuming to prepare.
Not only that, but I always seem to get that purple-red stain ALL over my cutting board and just about every other utensil I use.
The best way I have found to get the health benefits of beets without the mess is to use beet root powder.
Simply add it to your berry smoothie with a bit of Wholesome Organic Stevia to balance out the earthiness and voila!
All of the nutrition without the mess!
And if you end up with some extra stevia on hand, be sure to head to their recipe page for plenty of inspirational ways on how to use up the rest!
Key Nutrition in this Very Berry Beet Smoothie Recipe:
Beets (and beet powder!) are known to be full of various vitamins and minerals including:
- Folate – important for DNA synthesis and preventing neural tube defects in pregnancy.
- Manganese – a key mineral in antioxidant enzymes.
- Potassium – a mineral that is necessary for numerous systems in the body and has been known to decrease blood pressure.
- Fiber – dietary fiber aids in digestion.
- Phytonutrients – these give beets their red/purple color and are the source of antioxidants!
But Beets aren’t the only source of nutrition in this beet banana smoothie. Here are a few other perks of waking up to this vegan breakfast smoothie:
- Strawberries and blueberries are loaded with Vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- Bananas will give you even MORE potassium.
- The addition of a bit of fish or flax oil will bump up the healthy fats and keep you full until lunchtime.
Don’t forget to locate a store here, and use this coupon when you buy your Wholesome Organic Stevia!
Very Berry Beet Smoothie with Banana | Vegan
Wake up to this Very Berry Beet Smoothie that is FULL of nutrition and flavor! This vegan breakfast smoothie is made from strawberries, blueberries, bananas, beet root powder, and stevia.
- Let frozen strawberries and blueberries sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes for easiest blending.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Serve smoothies immediately and enjoy!