Start off your morning with a glass full of this tropical fruit and spinach green smoothie! This healthy smoothie recipe is loaded with antioxidants, superfood ingredients, over 9 grams of fiber and more than 100% of your daily Vitamin C to keep you full until lunch.
Holiday eating always brings with it a bit too much sugar, carbs, and bad-for-you foods.
The first thing I do when I get home from holiday vacations is load up my Nutribullet full of superfood ingredients.
Spinach, turmeric, spirulina, and fish oil will all be found in this tropical fruit and spinach green smoothie.
After days — if not weeks! — of unhealthy eating over the Christmas holidays, our bodies are ready to detox.
And no, I am not talking about those typical “detox diets” that have been trending recently.
All it takes is a bit of fruit and vegetables to get your body going into detox gear.
Do Green Smoothies Taste Good?
I thought you might ask.
I was definitely a skeptic when I first heard about making a fruit and spinach green smoothie.
How in the world could those ingredients possibly combine to form a palatable taste?!
But you know what? Green smoothies actually taste ah-maaaaazing.
The fruit in a green smoothie helps to sweeten up the bitterness of whatever green vegetable you are using.
It’s like fruit and vegetable smoothie MAGIC.
What Greens Go into a Green Smoothie?
Spinach is the mildest of the greens and I encourage you to start with it if this is your first green smoothie experience.
If you are feeling a little more adventurous, try adding a bit of kale or mustard greens to your green smoothie.
The recipe below for a tropical fruit and spinach green smoothie is a perfect beginner’s green smoothie recipe!
What are the Benefits of a Tropical Fruit and Spinach Green Smoothie?
Ahhh… there are so many!
You will get:
- Loads of antioxidants from the mango, pineapple, and spinach.
- Healthy oils from the fish oil.
- Anti-inflammatory properties from the turmeric.
- A boost of potassium from the banana.
- Extra fiber from the flaxseed meal.
Which Blender is the Best for Making Smoothies?
You can use just about any blender or food process you want to make smoothies, but here are a few of my personal favorites:
- NutriBullet Pro – cleanup is a breeze with individual blending cups! <– My fave!
- Vitamix – a bit more expensive, but creates super smooth smoothies.
- Food processor – not my first pick, but is great for making large batches of smoothies.
Tropical Fruit and Spinach Green Smoothie
Start off your morning on a healthy note with a big glass full of this tropical fruit and spinach green smoothie! This healthy smoothie recipe is loaded with antioxidants, superfood ingredients, over 9 grams of fiber and more than 100% of your daily Vitamin C to keep you full until lunch.
- 1 banana medium
- ½ cup mango chunks frozen
- ½ cup pineapple chunks frozen
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp. flaxseed meal
- ½ tsp. fish oil lemon or orange flavored
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric ground
- 1/8 tsp. sprirulina powder
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!