Cilantro Lime Chicken Stuffed Zucchini is such a fun and creative way to eat a healthy Paleo, ketogenic and low-carb dinner. These zucchini boats are full of chicken, fresh lime juice, and tomatoes and can easily be into a Whole30 dinner recipe!
A few weeks ago we moved into our new home. In our five years of marriage Cohl and I have lived in 4 different homes.
And every time we have moved, my incredible in-laws have come to help us.
You have never seen a moving crew until you have seen the Brazil family in action.
During this move, we also had the help of a lot of our incredible friends. It may sound like a lot of people to you, but trust me… you have not seen how much stuff we have!!
Some may call it hoarding, but Cohl and I like to affectionately refer to it as being sentimental.
How can you possibly give away the dress you wore to your bachelorette party or the cookbook you got when you evacuated during Hurricane Rita? (I know, I know… I am trying to handle these hoarding habits!!)
With the help of our incredible crew, we were able to move everything out of our old house into our new house in under 48 hours. I am telling you… this crew can’t be beaten!!
My mother and father-in-law were a few days new to the ketogenic diet. During the chaos of moving we ate out a lot over the weekend and I realized how difficult it was for them to find something to eat.
A few days later I set to work creating new recipes for the site that will fit their low-carb, ketogenic diet… Like these Cilantro Lime Chicken Stuffed Zucchini.
What I love so much about these cilantro lime chicken stuffed zucchini is that they taste like you are cheating on eating healthy… but you’re not!!
AND… they are so quick and easy to put together.
How Can You Evolve these Cilantro Lime Chicken Stuffed Zucchini?
Even though these cilantro lime chicken stuffed zucchini boats are already low-carb, gluten-free, and ketogenic, there are a few alterations you can make to evolve them even more:
- Use a dairy-free cheese for Paleo and Whole30 diets.
- Use organic chicken (buying organic meat is the best bang for your health buck!)
Cilantro Lime Chicken Stuffed Zucchini | Paleo, Low-Carb
Cilantro Lime Chicken Stuffed Zucchini are such a fun and creative way to eat a healthy Paleo and low-carb dinner. These zucchini boats are full of chicken, fresh lime juice, and tomatoes and can easily be a Whole30 dinner recipe!
- 6 zucchinis cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
Cilantro Lime Chicken Filling:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 c. sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 c. bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken cubed
- ¾ tsp. salt divided
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 c. tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ c. cilantro finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¾ c. Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese*
- Queso Fresco optional
For the Zucchini:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After cutting zucchinis in half, scoop out insides and leave a ½-inch thick shell of zucchini.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt on the insides of the zucchini halves.
- Place zucchini halves face-down in a large baking dish or parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
For the Cilantro Lime Chicken Filling:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat saute 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, onion, and bell pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Continue cooking over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is done cooking, remove from heat and drain excess liquid.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt to taste.
- Flip zucchini halves over and fill each with the cilantro lime chicken mixture.
- Top each zucchini half with Monterrey Jack cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with additional cilantro, lime juice, and queso fresco. Enjoy!
*Use a dairy-free cheese for Paleo and Whole30 diet.
Want more recipes like these Cilantro Lime Chicken Stuffed Zucchini?