Grilled Pineapple Chicken is marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce full of BBQ sauce and pineapple juice. It is then topped with pineapple pico de gallo for an easy, low-carb, and healthy weeknight dinner recipe!
With Springtime in full swing here in Texas, we have started to get our grill going!
Unlike most of you up North, Spring in Austin, TX is one of two times in the year where the weather is absolute perfection. Highs in the upper 70s/low 80s and the lows dipping down to the low 60s/upper 50s at night. Couldn’t get much better!
The Spring weather also brings with it TONS of super fun activities. Cohl and I like to frequent Barton Creek multiple times per week, and often find ourselves encouraging friends to go hang out with us there instead of at a restaurant.
After all, why go to a restaurant when you can come over to the Brazil casa and load up on tons of this Grilled Pineapple Chicken with BBQ Sauce?!
A few days ago I gave you a recipe for this amazing Pineapple Pico de Gallo. While you can definitely eat this pico by itself as a dip, it also tastes INCREDIBLE when it is loaded on top of this grilled pineapple chicken.
A Few Tips when Making this Grilled Pineapple Chicken with BBQ Sauce:
- If you like you like to have a dip to douse your grilled pineapple chicken in, go ahead and make 1.5 x the recipe below for the pineapple barbecue marinade.
- Take the extra 10 minutes to trim off the fat and give your chicken a good pounding. Trust me, it makes the chicken extra juicy!
- Make sure to marinate your chicken for AT LEAST 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Try not to use a BBQ sauce with too much sugar in it.
Our favorite way to eat this grilled pineapple chicken is to serve it over a bed of jasmine rice and with a few lime wedges.
It makes a super light and refreshing dinner recipe!
Grilled Pineapple Chicken with BBQ Sauce
Grilled Pineapple Chicken with BBQ sauce is marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce full of BBQ sauce and pineapple juice. It is then topped with pineapple pico de gallo for an easy, low-carb, and healthy weeknight dinner recipe!
- 2 lbs chicken pounded to 1-inch thickness and cut into 4-oz. portions
- ½ c BBQ sauce
- ¼ c pineapple juice*
- 2 T lime juice
- 1-2 t Sriracha sauce**
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ t salt
- In a medium-sized bowl combine all ingredients, except for chicken. Whisk to combine.
- Place chicken in a one gallon zip-top bag. Reserve ¼ c marinade and pour remaining marinade over chicken.
- Place zip-top bag full of chicken in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, and up to two hours.
- Heat grill to a medium-high heat (about 375-42°F.)
- Cook chicken directly over heat for 3-4 minutes per side, or until a meat thermometer reads 155-160°F. Baste chicken with reserved marinade while grilling.
- Serve grilled pineapple chicken over rice with pineapple pico de gallo.
*Can also use orange juice.
**Depending on desired spice level.
Want more recipes like this Grilled Pineapple Chicken with BBQ Sauce?