Ground Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps are a healthy, gluten-free, ketogenic, and low-carb lunch or dinner recipe. These chicken lettuce wraps are full of crunchy peanuts, carrots, and tons of Thai flavor!
Life sometimes can go from completely normal to slightly chaotic in a matter of minutes. (A little more on my current state of chaos will be coming up soon!)
In times like these, it is nice to know you have a quick, easy and healthy recipe (like these Ground Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps) in your arsenal.
Whether you are trying to eat healthier, or just like to have a dinner or lunch recipe ready for on-the-go, these ground chicken Thai lettuce wraps can fulfill any need.
The ground chicken mixture is combined with a bit of oil and diced carrots. Then, a semi-sweet, soy sauce-based sauce is prepared. All of it is tossed together to form the filling for these ground chicken Thai lettuce wraps.
The Best Part About these Ground Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps:
One thing I am an absolute stickler on is eating food or drinks at their proper temperature. I am totally that person who reheats her coffee at least 3 times before finishing up a 12-oz. mug.
I also can be found yelling “The food is getting cold!!” if you are not at the dinner table within one minute of it being ready.
My favorite aspect of these ground chicken Thai lettuce wraps… they actually taste good eaten with the filling hot, cold, or anything in-between. I know…. right?!?
Have Fun with Your Toppings!
Feel free to finish these ground chicken Thai lettuce wraps with any toppings you prefer. In this version, I chopped up a few roasted peanuts, green onions, and fresh cabbage.
A few other toppings you can try:
- Cilantro – pairs well with most Thai dishes!
- Cashews – roasted and salted cashews would taste great.
- Water Chestnuts – gives these lettuce wraps an even better crunch.
Ground Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps
Ground Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps are a healthy, gluten-free and low-carb lunch or dinner recipe. These chicken lettuce wraps are full of crunchy peanuts, carrots, and tons of Thai flavor!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ cup carrots finely chopped
- Butter leaf lettuce*
- Peanuts dry roasted, salted
- Cabbage finely chopped
- Green onions finely chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl combine Thai sauce ingredients and whisk until combined. Set sauce aside.
- In a large, non-stick skillet add oil and chicken. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and continue cooking and stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Crumble ground chicken completely using a potato masher or the back of a large fork.
- Mix in Thai sauce and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve ground chicken mixture immediately in lettuce wraps with peanuts, cabbage and green onions. Enjoy!*
- Lettuce wraps also taste great cold.
- Be sure to store leftover Thai ground chicken and lettuce/toppings separately for best results.
- Bibb, Boston, and iceberg lettuce work great, too.
Want more recipes like these Ground Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps?