No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars are loaded with mini chocolate chips and salted peanuts. This dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip granola bar recipe makes a great healthy afternoon snack the kids will love!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars = No Bake Bliss!
This past week in Texas the temperatures finally tipped the scale. What was once a hot day if it reached 85 degrees would now be considered a very mild day.
It’s funny how our bodies can acclimate so quickly to the change in weather.
On these toasty Spring (almost summer!) days it’s nice to have a few recipes you can turn to without having to heat up the oven or slave away over the stove for hours.
Not only are these no bake peanut butter granola bars, but they are also FULL of yummy peanut butter and chocolate flavor that both kids (and adults!) will love.
Recipe Testing at Evolving Table HQ
With most of the recipes you will find here on Evolving Table I have tested them quite a few times.
Normally, the first trial run of each recipe turns out sub-par. (Much like the crumbly mess I found when I made a test batch of these peanut butter granola bars!)
So I tweak, adjust, taste, taste, and taste, until I get the recipe JUST right.
First Attempt at No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
While the first batch of these peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars may have ended up in a crumble of shame, I did not let that deter me.
The flavor was good, the granola bar recipe just needed to be tweaked a bit more.
So I bumped up the liquid to dry ratio and voila! Perfectly chewy, no bake peanut butter granola bars were born!
Do I Need Special Equipment for No Bake Granola Bars?
In short, no. You do not need any special kitchen equipment or utensils to make no bake granola bars.
However, there are a few items I like to use for this peanut butter granola bar recipe:
- Parchment paper makes removing the bars a breeze.
- 9-inch square baking dish.
- Small saucepan for mixing the sauce.
How Can I Evolve these No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars?
While these peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars are already gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan, there are a few alterations you can make:
- Not allergic to dairy or vegan? Feel free to use butter in place of the coconut oil.
- Allergic to peanuts? Swap out the peanut butter for a super smooth and creamy almond or cashew butter.
- Don’t have pure maple syrup? Honey or agave nectar are great substitutes, as well.
- Want to decrease the sugar load? Cacao nibs will substitute for the mini chocolate chips.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Chocolate Chips
- In a small saucepan over Medium-low heat combine maple syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil. Stir for 2-3 minutes, or until ingredients are smooth and well incorporated.
- Turn off heat and add vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl combine oats, peanuts, and coconut. Add peanut butter sauce to bowl and mix well.
- Wait until ingredients have cooled to room temperature and add chocolate chips. Stir until just combined.
Refrigerate granola bars for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving. Cut granola bars in the tray for best results. Store in refrigerator between servings and enjoy!