No Bake Pecan Pie Mini Tarts make a healthy Thanksgiving dessert or holiday dessert recipe. They are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free, too!
Pecan Pie Tarts for Thanksgiving
Can you believe Thanksgiving is only a month away?!
Are you already starting to sweat just thinking about all of the food that needs to be prepared, the dishes that will have to be cleaned, and the work that goes into making a meal for a huge group of people?
Stress no more… I have a super awesome solution for you.
One of my favorite things to make are no-bake, refined sugar-free mini tarts. I like to make their crust from nutritious nuts such as almonds and pecans, hearty gluten-free oats and then sweeten them with either maple syrup or honey.
These no bake pecan pie mini tarts are particularly amazing because they taste like a slice of homemade pecan pie without all of the guilt. And on top of that… you can make them ahead of time!!
These No Bake Pecan Pie Mini Tarts will keep
for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator!!
How to Make Your Holiday Meals Less Stressful:
- Prep ingredients beforehand.
- Pick some dishes that you can make ahead of time (like these No Bake Pecan Pie Mini Tarts!)
- Go easy on yourself. Remember, you can always ask other people to bring a dish!
What is your favorite dessert at Thanksgiving? Are you more of a pecan pie, apple pie or pumpkin pie lover?
I would love to hear in the comments section below!
Happy Pecan Pie Tartin’!
Tap stars to rate!
- 2 c. almonds raw
- 1 c. quick cooking oats gluten free
- 1 c. pecans raw
- 1/4 c. maple syrup pure
- 2 T. coconut oil melted
- 1/4 t. salt
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 c. dates pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 T. coconut oil melted
- 3 T. maple syrup pure
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. pecans pieces
- sea salt optional
- whole pecans optional
For the Tart Crust:
- In the bowl of a food processor place almonds, oats and pecans. Process for 2 minutes or until a fine powder forms.
- (If you do not have a food processor you can always try a Nutribullet or other high-speed blender. All of the ingredients probably will not fit so simply divide them in half and “process” in batches.)
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil and salt. Process for an additional minute or until a ball of “dough” begins to form.
- Fill 24-28 mini muffin cup cavities with cupcake liners.
- Scoop 1 ½ - 2 T. sized amounts of tart “dough” into each liner. Compact the tart mixture until it becomes dense and fills each cavity to about 7/8 full. Repeat with remaining dough.
- For this next step you can either use the blunt end of a piece of silverware measuring about ½-¾-inch in diameter, or your thumb.
- Simply push the end of the silverware into the middle of each compacted tart, making sure not to hit the bottom of the cupcake cavity.
- Spin the silverware, or your thumb, to make a rounded center for your pecan pie filling. It should be about ¾-inch wide and ¾-inch deep.
- Round and smooth the edges of the hole to make them look like the picture below.
- Place tarts in refrigerator while you prepare the pecan pie filling.
For the Pecan Pie Filling:
- Place dates, water, cinnamon, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in the bowl of the food processor. (You can just lightly wipe it out from the previous steps. No washing needed!)
- Pulse ingredients 5-10 times. Once water has started to get incorporated and is no longer splattering, process pecan pie filling for 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl every 30 seconds to ensure even processing.
- Once pecan pie filling is smooth, add pecan pieces. Pulse filling 4-5 times to incorporate the pecans.
- Fill each tart with about 1 tablespoon of pecan pie filling. Top tarts with one whole pecan and sprinkle with a touch of sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Want more recipes like these No Bake Pecan Pie Mini Tarts?
Super Soft Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies