Super soft, extra crunchy, and FULL of chocolate… these Paleo chocolate chip cookies with pecans just might be your new go-to grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe!
4 Batches = Perfect Paleo Cookie Recipe
Four batches in less than a week.
Yes… I wanted to make sure you have the PERFECT recipe for Paleo chocolate chip cookies.
And by George, I think we have a winner!
Critics + Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you saw the Salted Caramel Fudgy Paleo Brownies post, you might have read about the panel of critics I bring all of Evolving Table’s dessert recipes to.
Just about every single one of the Paleo cookies, brownies, or healthy bites recipes you see here on the site have been vetted by, none other than, our weekly running group.
And these super soft Paleo chocolate chip cookies were no different.
What did the Critics Say about these Paleo Cookies?
In an effort to see if anyone could tell that these were indeed HEALTHIER cookies, I brought both a vegan batch (made with coconut oil and a flax egg) as well as a regular batch (made with butter and an egg) to a group of about 12 guys.
No one noticed that these Paleo cookies were grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, (some) vegan, and actually quite good for you!
Nor did it take long for the entire tray of 20 cookies to disappear. <– Luckily, I thought to save a few at home!
Do Your Friends Make Fun of You for Eating Healthy?
Do you catch weird looks or wide eyes whenever you say the words “vegan”, “Paleo”, or goodness… “gluten-free”?!
I feel your pain… and that’s why you need this recipe for the most delicious Paleo chocolate chip cookies in your recipe arsenal.
The next time you have a healthy eating naysayer… you know the one. –> That person who makes fun of people going gluten-free and couldn’t dare the idea of living a day without meat. <–Yup, that’s the one.
Bring a big ole’ tray of these Paleo chocolate chip cookies to them.
And then wait… ever so patiently.
Wait to see their eyes light up, and then a big grin will spread across their face…
And then… only AFTER they have confessed to you that this is the BEST chocolate chip cookie they have ever put in their mouth… do you drop the news that these cookies do not have gluten, grains, butter, eggs (if vegan!), OR refined sugar.
And please, remember to snap a quick pic of their reaction and send it my way!
How Can You Evolve this Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
While these Paleo chocolate chip cookies are already gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free, there are still a few alterations you can make:
- Swap out the pecans for walnuts, almonds, or more chocolate chips.
- Make these cookies vegan by using a flax egg and coconut oil instead of butter.
- Add dried cranberries for an extra bit of anti-oxidants and a pop of color.
Tap stars to rate!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter softened, almost melted
- ¼ cup almond butter smooth*
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg room temperature*
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips dark, Paleo-approved
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, starch, soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl combine butter, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until just combined.
- Add the in the dry ingredients and mix until batter is homogenous.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans. Mix by hand until well incorporated.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.