Appease your inner cookie monster with these healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bites. These no-bake, raw, energy bites are crazy simple to make and are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and can easily be made Paleo!
About this time two years ago I decided to stop pursuing a business that I had been developing for the previous 8 months.
My ultimate business goal with “Unbaked” was to get the no-bake, vegan, Paleo, and gluten-free healthy bites into grocery stores across the country.
What I had not realized, however, was how much working capital, blood, sweat, and hundreds of batches of the same three recipes that would be made.
I tried to keep the blog (at that point – Gluten Free with L.B.) updated on a regular basis, but running a small catering/distribution business ultimately took over.
After 8 months of going down that road, I soon realized that food distribution was not the path for me. I absolutely LOVE creating recipes, but what I love most… is creating NEW recipes that I can share with all of you lovelies!
Like these healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bites… 🙂
Our good friend Nitin was the first to purchase a box of “Unbaked” goods when the business first launched. He is also the friend who often stops by the house to see if I have anything extra for him to taste test.
It’s good to have friends who help you eat all of your not-so-perfect test batches.
His birthday was a few weeks ago and I decided to treat him and our group of 8 to some of these delicious and healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bites.
What’s So Awesome About these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites?
- Only 7 ingredients are needed.
- They’re ready in under 30 minutes <– Less time than normal cookies!
- Your inner cookie monster will be happy.
- They are the most addicting gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan treat you probably have ever tried!
How Can You Evolve these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites?
- Use cacao nibs (not real chocolate chips) for a completely refined sugar-free and Paleo treat.
- Add additional nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds) for added texture and healthy Omega-3s.
- Use Himalayan sea salt for an unrefined and uncontaminated salt alternative.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bites are crazy simple to make and are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and can easily be made Paleo!
- In the bowl of a food processor combine almond and coconut flakes. Process for 1 minute.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and coconut oil. Process for one minute or until mixture begins to stick together.
- Mix in cacao nibs (or chocolate chips) by hand.
- Scoop a 1 ½ - 2 tablespoon-sized ball of “cookie dough.” Squeeze tightly and roll into a ball. This part gets rather oily, so be sure to have a paper towel handy to wipe off the excess between rolling each ball.
- Repeat the above step with the remaining “cookie dough.”
- Refrigerate cookie dough bites between servings.