Salted Caramel Fudgy Paleo Brownies are super fudgy and have the perfect balance of salty and sweet! This healthy brownie is sure to become a new gluten-free and Paleo Christmas dessert favorite.
The Christmas season is finally in full swing!
Our Christmas tree is (almost) decorated and my KitchenAid stand mixer has started to make more of an appearance on our kitchen island.
Not to mention the continuous stream of Hallmark Christmas movies that are playing on my iPad in the background! <<Slightly obsessed with Christmas!!>>
This year you may notice that most of the desserts coming out of the Brazil kitchen and onto EvolvingTable.com are free of refined sugar, gluten, and oftentimes vegan, too.
It has been a bit of a shift learning how to bake with almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, and flax eggs.
But it is totally worth it to feel better after indulging in one or two of these fudgy Paleo brownies.
The Christmas season can be full of tasty treats and those of you trying to stick to your diets shouldn’t have to miss out.
I have put together a few healthier twists on some classic holiday dessert recipes that will help you make it through the season without a tummy ache or enormous scale fluctuation.
–> Like these fudgy Paleo brownies and snickerdoodle cookie dough bites! <–
How Good are these Salted Caramel Fudgy Paleo Brownies?
Since I have been slowly weening myself from refined sugar, I am always hesitant as to whether my dessert recipes actually taste amazing or if my taste buds are playing a mean trick on me.
The only way to know for sure?!…
Take these salted caramel fudgy Paleo brownies to the toughest critics I know. A group of 10-20 guys in our weekly running group.
“These fudgy Paleo brownies are amazing!!”
“They’re so fudgy!”
“These brownies are Paleo?!
I dare you to bring these to your holiday work party and see everyone’s reaction when you tell them they are free of gluten, grain, dairy, and refined sugar. They’ll be in awe!
What are the Health Benefits of Dates
Did you know that dates are naturally sweet and still super good for you?
- Dates are an excellent source of fiber, B vitamins, manganese, and magnesium.
- Dates contain a compound called beta-D-glucan that helps keep blood sugar levels even.
- Dates are high in antioxidants and anti-cancer fighting agents.
- Dates have more than 60% more Potassium than bananas per ounce.
Salted Caramel Fudgy Paleo Brownies
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix with a large spoon or whisk until just combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just incorporated.
- Pour brownie batter into an 8-inch square baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, combine dates, almond milk, water, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is completely smooth.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature before topping with “salted caramel.” Enjoy!
*For vegan: substitute 2 flax eggs (2 T. ground flax seeds and 5 T. water) for the eggs.
Want more recipes like these Salted Caramel Fudgy Paleo Brownies?