Crock-Pot broccoli cheese soup makes a wonderful gluten-free and vegetarian lunch or dinner soup for those cold, winter days!
Texas weather has officially gone bonkers.
Last week in Austin we reached what I can remember as one of the coldest nights in my adulthood. I saw the good ole’ weather app reach a record 19 degrees?!? (I know, all of you Northerners are chuckling.)
Just as we were finishing up a big batch of this Crock-Pot broccoli cheese soup, and another fabulous concoction of my hubby’s he made with venison ham, mother nature decided she wanted to give up on this whole “winter thing.”
Seriously… it is 80 degrees here as I type.
Even though we are getting Spring weather here, while it should be the dead of winter, I cannot help but crave all things cozy and comforting.
Last week Cohl went on a 23-mile run. He is training for his first ever ultra-marathon on trails. I know, I can’t believe it either… 31 miles… on rocks… tree roots… and whatever else happens to be lying on the trail. After February 11th I will be sure to let all of you know how awesome he does!!
Trying to be a good wifey, I had a huge bowl of this Crock-Pot broccoli cheese soup waiting for him. After he napped for a few hours, he was ready to dig into all things creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-broccoli.
Essential Utensils for this Crock-Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 6-8 qt. Crock-Pot slow cooker
- Slow Cooker Liners *not essential, but makes clean up easier!*
- Immersion Hand Blender
Do you have an immersion hand blender, yet? Let me tell you… they are the best and the only way to make super creamy soups without all of the mess. And the best part is that they are not too expensive!
Even though I probably only use mine about 3-4 times every winter when making soups, each time I pull it out and I am so thankful for my adorably colorful stick blender.
Crock-Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- In a 6-8 quart slow cooker, combine carrots, broccoli, onion, garlic, broth, milk, and cashews.
- In a small bowl, toss together salt, pepper and paprika.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture into the crock pot.
Cut butter into cubes and place in slow cooker. Give ingredients a few stirs, cover, and set on Low for 4-6 hours. (The broccoli does not need much longer than this to fully cook! If you want to set it on High, be sure to check it occasionally so the ingredients do not burn.)
- Once all vegetables are completely tender, use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- (If you do not have an immersion blender you can also use any other high speed blender and puree the soup in batches. Be careful, however, because the soup will be very hot!!)
- Lastly, stir in cheese just before serving.
- Serve soup with your favorite piece of gluten-free toast and enjoy!
Want more recipes like this Crock-Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup?
*Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If clicked on and an item is purchased, I will receive a small percentage of the sale, at no additional cost to you!*