Are you ready for the most delightfully filling yet surprisingly healthy soup you’ve ever had?! After visiting Nashville over the New Year’s holiday, I was inspired by so many restaurants we visited. One of our favorites, Marche, happened to be where we ate on New Year’s Eve. Quite ravenous, we decided to order a bowl of their cauliflower soup. I was delighted to learn that not only were they knowledgeable about what items on their menu were gluten free, but also that this soup happened to be gluten free! With the temperature dropping into the 20’s that night, nothing sounded better than a warm bowl of soup. We couldn’t have been more pleased! Cohl and I were literally fighting over who’s turn it was to get a spoonful of the soup. On a quest to remake this divine dish we had experienced, I set to work on yet another cold and wintry night in our Austin kitchen. Much to my surprise, it didn’t take much to turn some plain ole’ cauliflower into the most decadent of soups! A hint of jalapeno, a touch of Parmesan, and a bit of garlic give this soup it’s irresistible flavor. If you didn’t know any better, you might think it was cream of potato soup. Trust me, you’ve got to try this one out before winter is over. Hope you enjoy!
Healthy Cauliflower Soup
A hint of jalapeno, a touch of Parmesan, and a bit of garlic give this soup it's irresistible flavor. If you didn't know any better, you might think it was cream of potato soup. Trust me, you've got to try this one out before winter is over. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno seeded, finely chopped
- 1 Head of Cauliflower chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- 2 T. butter
- 1 ½ t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 8 c. Chicken Broth
- 1/3 c. cashews raw
- ½ t. dried sage
- 1/3 c. parmesan grated
- Saute onion, jalapeno, cauliflower and garlic in olive oil, butter, salt and pepper in a large pot over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add in chicken broth, cashews and sage. Bring pot to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high heat, or a rolling boil. Continue on a rolling boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Add parmesan and blend ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor in batches or puree in pot with a wand blender. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sage. Enjoy!