Healthy Spinach Egg Muffins with Tomatoes are a great make-ahead low-carb, gluten-free, and keto breakfast recipe for those hectic weekday mornings. Low-carb egg muffin cups are loaded with spinach, fresh mozzarella, and Roma tomatoes for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast!
Healthy Egg Muffins for those Hectic Mornings
Do you roll out of bed and hear your stomach grumbling?
I know I do, and it’s awesome when I already have a healthy breakfast (like these spinach egg muffins!) ready-to-go in the fridge.
Let’s be honest, most of us do not want to get up even 5 minutes earlier in the morning in order to make a healthy breakfast. I’m totally with you!
So on those mornings when you snooze just one time too many and find yourself rushing out the door, you’ll be thankful you prepared a batch of these healthy egg muffins ahead of time!
Running Late + Eating Low-Carb Egg Muffins!
My husband, Cohl, is notorious for cutting it almost TOO close as he rushes to work in the morning.
Because of this, I know he needs something that is easy to reheat, that he can eat in the car, and is super simple to grab-and-go.
In the past, I have normally turned to these Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos for those last minute mornings, but some days you want something light and healthy… like these low carb egg muffins!
Preparation + Refrigeration
What I love so much about these healthy spinach egg muffins is how easy they are to prepare and store.
When preparing, you literally mix everything up in one big bowl, pour the egg mixture into a 12-count muffin tray, and watch the magical egg muffin recipe bubble up before your eyes!
Then, you can refrigerate what muffin cups you have remaining for up to 5 days.
Heat them up in the microwave, toaster oven, or conventional oven and you’re ready to rock and roll.
Lessons Learned when Cooking Keto Spinach Egg Muffins
You might have caught my Instagram stories where I had a few failed attempts at this healthy egg muffin recipe. :-O
Here are a few key things I learned when making these spinach eggs muffins with tomatoes:
- Use a newer non-stick muffin cup tray.
- The eggs will stick if your muffin cup tray has been scratched up from too many uses.
- If you do not have a newer muffin cup tray, you can always use cupcake liners!
- Spray your muffin cup tray thoroughly.
- A big issue with removing your healthy egg muffins is their tendency to adhere to the pan. So use a newer tray and use a good amount of non-stick cooking spray!
- Do not fill more than 3/4 full!
- The spinach egg muffins will puff up while baking, so make sure you do not fill them too full!
How Can I Evolve these Healthy Spinach Egg Muffins with Tomatoes?
While this healthy muffin cup recipe is already gluten-free, low-carb, keto, and kid-friendly, there are a few more ways you can adapt this recipe:
- Use dairy-free mozzarella for a vegetarian, Paleo, and dairy-free muffin cup recipe.
- Almond milk, soy milk, and cashew work are all wonderful alternatives to regular milk.
- Mix it up by using arugula or kale instead of spinach and roasted tomatoes instead of roma tomatoes.
Healthy Spinach Egg Muffins with Tomatoes | Low-Carb
Healthy Spinach Egg Muffins with Tomatoes are a great make-ahead low-carb, gluten-free, and keto breakfast recipe for those hectic weekday mornings. Low-carb egg muffin cups are loaded with spinach, fresh mozzarella, and roma tomatoes for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Stir until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fill each muffin cup to 2/3 to ¾ full.
- Bake egg muffins in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and enjoy for up to 5 days.
*Almond milk, soy milk, and cashew milk all work wonderfully.
**Use dairy-free mozzarella for a vegetarian, Paleo, and dairy-free muffin cup recipe.