There is nothing like rich and decadent, ultra-fudgy, homemade Paleo brownies that are loaded with chocolate chips for an easy dessert recipe! You can enjoy this homemade brownie recipe all by itself or topped with a bit of dairy-free ice cream!
Paleo Brownies Without the Grain!
Wow! Let’s all take a minute to pause in utter amazement.
Seriously, though. I don’t think a single solitary soul would be able to tell that these homemade brownies are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and Paleo.
Most of our friends know I trick them quite often with “healthier” versions of their favorite foods. Sometimes they can tell the difference, but other times (like with this homemade brownie recipe!) they are completely shocked.
The rich and fudgy texture mixed with loads of dairy-free and gluten-free chocolate chips are a recipe for the absolute BEST Paleo brownies!!
How to Make Brownies from Scratch?
Do you know how to make homemade brownies? It is actually one of the easiest baked goods to make, in my opinion.
These are the steps you will follow when making Paleo brownies from scratch:
- First, you will mix up your coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter, eggs, vanilla, and almond milk in a bowl.
- Second, you will whisk together your almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Next, you will combine everything together with the Paleo chocolate chips and stir just until smooth.
- Yes! Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately so everything is dispersed evenly!
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper (it makes it SO much easier to remove your Paleo brownies once they are done cooking!) and pop them in the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes.
A Few Pointers for the Best Homemade Brownies!
Your brownies will be super soft and tender when they first come out, so be sure to let them come to room temperature before cutting them into bars!
Also, make sure you use an 8-inch square baking dish and not one that is larger!
If you only have a larger pan then you will need to adjust your cook time accordingly so your homemade brownies do not burn.
But Wait!! Are Chocolate Chips Paleo?
Chocolate chips are not traditionally free of grains, gluten, dairy, and soy. But I have found the perfect ingredient for you to make these Paleo chocolate chip brownies!!
Their entire line of chocolate chips and chunks are dairy, nut, gluten, and soy free!
High five to them to making our lives so much easier, and so much more delicious with these chocolate chip Paleo brownies!!
How Can You Evolve these Paleo Brownies?
Man, there are SO many ways you can change up this homemade brownie recipe and absolutely make it your own. Here are a few suggestions for you to try:
- Are you a nut lover? Toss in some walnuts, almonds, or pecans for an added crunch and extra omega-3 boost!
- Want a little mocha kick? Substitute the almond milk for espresso or prepared coffee.
- Don’t have any maple syrup? Honey and agave nectar are great substitutes!
- Feeling a little naughty? Top a slightly heated chocolate chip brownie with dairy-free vanilla ice cream for the ultimate treat.
Homemade Paleo Brownies with Chocolate Chips
These healthy and easy homemade Paleo brownies are made from scratch and are the best gluten-free, dairy-free fudgy brownie recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla. Mix with a large spoon or whisk until just combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Let cool to room temperature before cutting into bars and enjoy!
*For vegan: substitute 2 flax eggs (2 T. ground flax seeds and 5 T. water) for the eggs.