Instant Pot pork chops are cooked to perfection in a peach, basil, and jalapeno sauce and then topped with an easy peach salsa for the perfect summer boneless pork chops recipe. You will learn how long to cook boneless pork chops in the pressure cooker as well as how to make a peach salsa recipe from scratch!
Peachy Boneless Pork Chops
Peach season is in full swing here in central Texas and it is SO obvious!
Just the other week Cohl came home with a tray FULL of about 20 peaches from a patient at one of his offices.
That was SO sweet of him, but what were we to do with 20 peaches?! We all know peaches go bad super quickly if they aren’t frozen immediately.
Peaches are definitely good when enjoyed by themselves, in a delightful Peach Crumb Muffin or a traditional Peach Cobbler… but did you know they pair exceptionally well with basil for a savory recipe?
So the next time you are wondering what to do with all of those fresh peaches before they go bad, you can remember this Instant Pot pork chops recipe with a fresh peach salsa.
You will easily be able to use up 4 or 5 of those peaches!
Instant Pot Pork Chops Creation
A few weeks ago I combined my two new favorite kitchen gadgets in order to make this Instant Pot pork chops recipe.
First, I loaded up the Vitamix with fresh peaches, jalapenos, red onion, and basil to make a peach-basil sauce.
Next, I pulled out the trusty Instant Pot and filled it with the peach-basil sauce and boneless pork chops.
What resulted absolutely blew my mind!
Instant Pot pork chops with the peach-basil sauce not only tasted incredible, but they were also fork tender and oh-so-juicy!
No more over-cooked and dried pork chops in this house. Making boneless pork chops in the Instant Pot is definitely the way to go!
How to Make Fork-Tender Instant Pot Pork Chops
In the recipe below you will see that I used BONELESS center-cut pork chops that were about 3/4 inch thick. This is huge when selecting your pork chops.
If you are unable to find boneless pork chops, you can always use bone-in, but know that they will need to cook for quite a bit longer. (Closer to 15 minutes!)
So in order to get the best results with these Instant Pot pork chops, make sure you adjust the cook time according to the thickness of your pork chops.
Also, notice I SCRAPED the bottom of the Instant Pot after deglazing the pot with the chicken broth. This step is crucial to make sure you do not get the dreaded “Burn” error.
How to Make Peach Salsa
Even after making the peach-basil sauce in the Vitamix, and eating a few on the side!, about 15 peaches still remained.
Ah-hah! Peach Salsa it is!
What ingredients are used in this peach salsa recipe?
- Peaches (duh!): Make sure you peel your peaches first (you can do this by either freezing them or by placing in a pot of boiling water for 30-60 seconds.)
- Jalapeno: Gotta’ give that salsa a little kick.
- Basil: Have you ever had peaches + basil together? It is out-of-this-world delicious!
- Red onion: Because every salsa has to have a bite of onion. (And it gives it a beautiful color!)
- Lime: Just a pinch of lime juice helps to keep the peach salsa nice and fresh.
How Can You Evolve these Instant Pot Pork Chops with Peach Salsa?
There are a few ways you can change up this Instant Pot pork chops recipe:
- You can replace the honey with liquid stevia in the spicy peach sauce to make this recipe Whole30 compliant.
- Use thicker boneless pork chops or bone-in pork chops and increase the cook time accordingly.
- Replace the basil with cilantro for a slightly different flavor profile.
Instant Pot Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
Instant Pot pork chops are cooked to perfection in a peach, basil, and jalapeno sauce and then topped with an easy peach salsa for the perfect summer boneless pork chops recipe!
Spicy Peach Sauce
Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pot and place pork chops in a single layer. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt. Brown for 1-2 minutes per side and then remove from the pot.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and add chopped red onions. Saute for 4-5 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Add broth to deglaze the bottom of the pot, making sure to scrape any pieces that are stuck.
- Add peach sauce and pork chops to the Instant Pot. Lift up the chops so there is adequate peach sauce beneath them. Seal the Instant Pot with the lid, turn the pressure release valve to sealed, and set the pressure to High for 6 minutes.* Allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and warm water. Remove pork chops from Instant Pot and add slurry water. Whisk until the sauce is thickened up.
- While pork chops are cooking, combine peach salsa ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve pork chops over rice or cauliflower rice with peach salsa and enjoy!
*Replace with 5 drops liquid stevia if on a Whole30 diet.
*Mine were roughly 3/4 inch thick. If you are using bone-in pork chops or thick-cut pork chops, you will want to increase your cook time to 12-20 minutes, depending on their thickness.
Want more recipes like these Instant Pot Pork Chops with Peach Salsa?