Wake up to a jar full of these healthy blueberry overnight oats loaded with good-for-you chia seeds, yogurt, and fresh blueberries and then topped with a crunchy pecan crumble!
Are you a blueberry muffin lovin’ gal (or guy!), too?!
If I am ever out and about and have an assortment of muffin options to choose from, that blueberry muffin always wins!!
But let’s be honest… that blueberry muffin is kind of a treat, not exactly a healthy breakfast option.
That’s where these health blueberry overnight oats come in! They are free of refined sugars (sweetened with only pure maple syrup or honey), full of healthy omega-3s from the chia seeds and pecans, and loaded with calcium.
Annnnndddd… did I mention you can make four servings of these healthy blueberry overnight oats in under 20 minutes?! Yup!!
Go ahead and dare your inner blueberry muffin-loving self to see how these healthy blueberry overnight oats compare.
I get this question a lot with overnight oats…
Should I microwave my healthy blueberry overnight oats?!
It is totally up to you!!
Call us slightly lazy in the morning, but we like to eat our overnight oats straight out of the refrigerator.
If you prefer your overnight oats heated, simply stir your oats and then microwave them until your desired temperature is reached. Just know that the texture of the oats may be slightly affected and more liquid may need to be added for best results.
Don’t like pecans?
Feel free to substitute the pecans in the crumble for any nut of your choosing. Walnuts and almonds would taste amazing, too!
Healthy Blueberry Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds
Wake up to a jar full of these healthy blueberry overnight oats loaded with good-for-you chia seeds, yogurt, and fresh blueberries!
- In a medium-sized bowl combine oats, milk, sweetener (honey, maple or agave), chia seeds, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Divide oats evenly between four jars or serving cups.
- Place fresh blueberries in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 ½ - 2 minutes. Blueberries will start to burst and form a blueberry sauce. (Make sure the bowl is covered!)
- Layer 2 ounces of yogurt over the oats.
- Next, layer 2 ounces of blueberries over the yogurt.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
For the Pecan Crumble:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine pecans, ¼ c old fashioned oats, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and 1 Tbsp maple syrup in a medium-sized bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place pecan crumble on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, tossing halfway through.*
- When ready to serve overnight oats, top with pecan crumble and enjoy!
*You can store pecan crumble separately from the overnight oats in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
Want more recipes like these Healthy Blueberry Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds?