Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are loaded with gluten-free oats, dark chocolate chips, and tons of fresh strawberries for a gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan breakfast cookie recipe! They make a wonderful Valentine’s Day dessert recipe!
Nothing says Valentine’s Day quite like the epic combination of strawberries and chocolate!
This quintessential flavor combination can be found in everything from your traditional chocolate covered strawberries, dark chocolate and strawberry cake, dark chocolate and strawberry tarts, or these strawberry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
Where Are My Valentine’s Day Lovers Out There?!
Some may call Valentine’s Day a commercialized holiday. And I would have to agree with you… to some extent.
Remove all of the cards, the flowers, the elaborate/expensive dinners and look at what remains….
A holiday that focuses on showing the ones you love just HOW much you love them.
I don’t know about you, but I sure do know that I could use a friendly reminder every now and then!
Who Can You Make these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies For?
Whether you are happily married, single, widowed, divorced, or have no interest in a relationship anytime in the near future…
I bet you there is someone out there that would LOVE a basket of these strawberry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies to show up at their door.
Bake them for a neighbor, bring them to your kid’s classroom, or package them up in individual bags and give them to all of your girlfriends.
Trust me… these strawberry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies will be a sweet and subtle way to show how much you truly care!!
But wait!! Are oats gluten-free?
In this particular recipe, it calls for “gluten-free oats.”
While yes, these are technically “gluten-free” as certified by the GFCO, some people who are sensitive to gluten will still have trouble with oats.
How Can You Evolve these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies?
While these strawberry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are already gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free, there are a few ways you can change them up according to your dietary/taste preferences:
- Don’t like strawberries? Try using raspberries or blueberries.
- Not vegan? Feel free to use butter in place of the coconut oil and a regular egg in place of the flax egg.
- Don’t have maple syrup? Honey and agave nectar will swap out easily for the maple syrup.
- Not a dark chocolate fan? You can use white chocolate chips or milk chocolate instead.
Tap stars to rate!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups oats old-fashioned, gluten-free
- ¾ cup gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 flax egg*
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup strawberries finely chopped
- ½ cup almonds finely chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, sugar, soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add oil, egg, syrup, and vanilla. Mix by hand for 1 minute, or until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Lastly, add strawberries, almonds, and chocolate chips. Stir until just combined.
- Scoop a 2 tablespoon-sized ball of dough and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough, keeping cookie dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Let cookies sit for 15 minutes to firm up. Enjoy!
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Want more recipes like these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies?
Healthy Dark Chocolate + Strawberry Tarts
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Frosting