These gluten free biscuits are a copycat of the famous “Red Lobster” Cheddar Bay Biscuits, but are made easy with Bisquick as the main ingredient!
Oh. My. Goodness. No longer do we gluten free eaters have to go to a restaurant and salivate over the bread basket. (Who else’s spouse/significant other/family member gets the basket of torture and sits it right in front of you,too?! ) These biscuits are so easy to make and will be ready to eat in under 25 minutes. A key ingredient is… Bisquick!! When I discovered there was a gluten free Bisquick I think I might have done a happy dance in the middle of the grocery store isle. If, for whatever reason, your local store does not carry it, be sure to check it out here on Amazon. In addition to Bisquick, these biscuits have a wonderful buttery texture with a touch of garlic and Italian seasonings. They’re a wonderful compliment to any dinner meal.
We had a guest over the other night for dinner and unbeknownst to me he was on a Keto diet. :-O I not only made these biscuits, but I also made 1.5x what the recipe below calls for!! I thought with two starving guys and myself we would be able to eat about half of the biscuits. Well since we were down to one starving husband and one sort of hungry me, we didn’t eat quite as many as I thought we would. So now we get to eat them for the rest of the week. 🙂 Fortunately these biscuits keep really well for a few days if you store them in the refrigerator. To reheat, I would encourage you to either put them in the toaster oven or regular oven so they get nice and crispy on the outside. However, placing them in the microwave heats them up quite a bit faster. Hope you enjoy!!
Copycat “Red Lobster” Cheddar Bay Biscuits with Bisquick
These gluten free biscuits are a copycat of the famous "Red Lobster" Cheddar Bay Biscuits, but are made easy with Bisquick as the main ingredient!
- 2 c. Bisquick gluten free, Betty Crocker brand used
- 1 c. milk almond, soy, or buttermilk works, too
- ¾ t. garlic powder
- 2 T. butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 T. butter melted
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. dried Italian seasonings or dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Bisquick, milk, ¾ t. garlic powder, 2 T. butter and egg in a large bowl. Stir together with a spoon until almost completely mixed.
- Add in cheese and stir until mixture is completely combined, but dough is not overmixed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 3-4 tablespoon-sized balls of dough for each biscuit onto the cookie sheet. (The recipe should yield ~12 biscuits.) Mixture will be sticky. Form dough into neater balls and bake for 11-13 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While biscuits are baking, combine 4 T. butter, ½ t. garlic powder and Italian seasonings in a small bowl. Brush over biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!