Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast is the perfect combination of your favorite dip and favorite bird, all rolled into one quick and easy stuffed chicken breast recipe! These spinach and mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts are gluten-free, low-carb, and Ketogenic diet approved!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Meets Stuffed Chicken Breasts
One of my all-time FAVORITE appetizers is Spinach Artichoke Dip.
If it happens to be at a party, you know I am going to be hovering around that bowl the entire night.
And I just might have a food baby from eating a bit too much of it!
Do you linger around the spinach artichoke dip, too?
FAVORITE Ketogenic Recipes
During one of my cravings recently, I decided to switch up this popular dip by turning it into a main dish… spinach and artichoke stuffed chicken breast!
After a bit of experimentation, the results are in… they were a hit!!
These spinach artichoke stuffed chicken breasts are officially being added to my favorite Ketogenic recipes list.
They’re so simple to make, super flavorful, and ready in under 30 minutes!
Not to mention their nutritional value…
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast Nutritional Value
This spinach artichoke stuffed chicken breast recipe is loaded with (duh!) spinach and artichokes!
Spinach is a powerhouse of nutrition boasting loads of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, magnesium, and full of dietary fiber.
Artichokes are a close runner-up to the famous spinach… full of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and a good bit of dietary fiber.
Add in some lean organic chicken breasts and we have ourselves a gluten-free, low-carb, and ketogenic chicken breast recipe for the books!
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
There are a few tips and tricks I want to point out to you when preparing and cooking your stuffed chicken breasts:
- Make sure your chicken breasts are at least an inch thick. This will give you adequate thickness on each side of the pocket for your spinach artichoke filling.
- Use a sharp knife when cutting your chicken breasts. (BE CAREFUL!!)
- Not necessary, but you can use toothpicks to hold the chicken breasts together. This will prevent the filling from spilling out while searing.
- Thaw out your frozen spinach COMPLETELY and strain the excess water again, and again, and again. Pack down the frozen spinach to get your 1/4 cup.
How Can You Evolve this Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe?
While this chicken breast recipe is already Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Low-Carb, and Ketogenic-approved (only , there are a few things you can change up:
- Decrease the amount of dairy by using a dairy-free Mozzarella.
- Add even more spinach to bump up the nutritional content.
- Use organic chicken breasts and cheese.
Want more recipes like this Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast?
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast is the perfect combination of your favorite dip and favorite bird, all rolled into one quick and easy Ketogenic stuffed chicken breast recipe! These spinach and mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts are gluten-free, low-carb, and Keto diet-approved!
- Pound chicken breast to 1-inch thick. Using a sharp knife cut each chicken breast down the middle, being careful not to cut all of the way through, to make a pocket for the spinach artichoke filling. Sprinkle chicken breasts with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, drained spinach, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully fill each chicken breast with equal amounts of the spinach artichoke filling. If you have extra filling, set it aside until the chicken is almost done cooking.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and stuffed chicken breasts. Cover skillet and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, add additional filling to the skillet to heat it up. Serve chicken with cauliflower rice, regular rice, mashed cauliflower, or mashed potatoes and enjoy!