Appease your inner cookie monster with these healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bites. These no-bake, raw, energy bites are crazy simple to make and are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and can easily be made Paleo!
About this time two years ago I decided to stop pursuing a business that I had been developing for the previous 8 months.
My ultimate business goal with “Unbaked” was to get the no-bake, vegan, Paleo, and gluten-free healthy bites into grocery stores across the country.
What I had not realized, however, was how much working capital, blood, sweat, and hundreds of batches of the same three recipes that would be made.
I tried to keep the blog (at that point – Gluten Free with L.B.) updated on a regular basis, but running a small catering/distribution business ultimately took over.
After 8 months of going down that road, I soon realized that food distribution was not the path for me. I absolutely LOVE creating recipes, but what I love most… is creating NEW recipes that I can share with all of you lovelies!
Like these healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bites… 🙂
Our good friend Nitin was the first to purchase a box of “Unbaked” goods when the business first launched. He is also the friend who often stops by the house to see if I have anything extra for him to taste test.
It’s good to have friends who help you eat all of your not-so-perfect test batches.
His birthday was a few weeks ago and I decided to treat him and our group of 8 to some of these delicious and healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bites.
What’s So Awesome About these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites?
- Only 7 ingredients are needed.
- They’re ready in under 30 minutes <– Less time than normal cookies!
- Your inner cookie monster will be happy.
- They are the most addicting gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan treat you probably have ever tried!
How Can You Evolve these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites?
- Use cacao nibs (not real chocolate chips) for a completely refined sugar-free and Paleo treat.
- Add additional nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds) for added texture and healthy Omega-3s.
- Use Himalayan sea salt for an unrefined and uncontaminated salt alternative.
Tap stars to rate!
- 3 c. almond flour
- 2 c. unsweetened coconut
- 6 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp. cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a food processor combine almond and coconut flakes. Process for 1 minute.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and coconut oil. Process for one minute or until mixture begins to stick together.
- Mix in cacao nibs (or chocolate chips) by hand.
- Scoop a 1 ½ - 2 tablespoon-sized ball of “cookie dough.” Squeeze tightly and roll into a ball. This part gets rather oily, so be sure to have a paper towel handy to wipe off the excess between rolling each ball.
- Repeat the above step with the remaining “cookie dough.”
- Refrigerate cookie dough bites between servings.
Tap stars to rate!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.