A super simple and easy way to make Maple Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats in a jar! Fill your mason jar with rolled oats, maple syrup, cinnamon and milk and wake up to a quick and healthy gluten-free breakfast.
Healthy Overnight Oats Recipe
Life can get a little hectic at times. Rushing around from place to place with a schedule full of activities can lead to some unhealthy eating.
Instead of grabbing whatever you can find in your purse when “hangry” hits, why not prepare some of these Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats and have them ready to go for the morning rush?!
Rushing Around with a Jar Full of Oats!
For the past few months my husband, Cohl, and I have essentially been nomads.
He recently accepted a job for a few days out of the week that is one and half hours away. Fortunately, we have many wonderful friends who are letting us crash out at their houses while we are there.
But, as many of you can probably relate, it is not so easy to travel when you have to eat 100% gluten-free.
Sometimes I feel as if my “food bag” is as big as my luggage! You know what I mean?!
Sometimes I feel as if my “food bag” is as big as my luggage!
Finding a quick and easy, gluten-free breakfast has been quite of a challenge. We normally wake up at 5:30 AM, are on the road by 6:15 and that good ole’ hangry feeling hits around 6:30.
Watch the video below!
And see how easy it is to make these Cinnamon Overnight Oats or check it out on YouTube here.
Cinnamon Overnight Oats Recipe
Well I have definitely got the quick, gluten-free breakfast recipe for you…
These Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats are simply THE BEST!
You can prepare them the night before, pull them out of the refrigerator in the morning, and off you go with a happy morning in sight.
No more grumbling tummies while you are trying to find any glimmer of a nutrition bar in your purse.
Some ideas for these Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats:
- If you want to feed more than just 2 adults, feel free to double, or even triple the recipe.
- Not a fan of maple syrup? Honey and agave nectar are great substitutes.
- Have a kid with a nut allergy? Simply leave out the pecans and substitute the almond milk for soy or regular milk.
Let me know if you change up this recipe at all…
I would love to hear any variations you come up with in the comments section below! Happy breakfast eating 🙂
Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats
A super simple and easy way to make Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats in a jar! Fill your mason jar with rolled oats, maple syrup, cinnamon and milk and wake up to a quick and healthy gluten-free breakfast.
- In four mason jars place equal amounts of the oats, vanilla and milk in each. Stir to mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup. Pour a quarter of this mixture in each of the jars over the oats. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate jars for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, toast pecans at 325 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Divide pecans and sprinkle in each jar.
- Serve with additional cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired, and enjoy!
**This recipe can either be made in two larger mason jars, each holding two servings, or four smaller mason jars, each containing one single serving.