Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a super simple, easy, and low-carb appetizer recipe for game days, holiday get-togethers, or Super Bowl parties!
Have you ever tried making meatballs in your slow cooker?
They. Are. Incredible!
When meatballs are baked in the oven I always find that they turn out a bit on the dry side.
But these slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs turn out super moist and full of flavor since they have been cooking in a delicious buffalo sauce for hours.
They are definitely lick-your-fingers-good!
Normally, Cohl is not a huge fan of much meat.
He tends to enjoy a diet of 80-90% veggies/fruit/grains and then the other 10-20% is made up of meat.
However, when I made these slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs he kept eating one right after the other.
So for meat-lovers and non-meat-lovers alike, I have a feeling all of your guests will be going back for seconds of these slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs!
Don’t have a Crock-Pot yet?
Slow cookers are an extremely affordable kitchen appliance that are well worth the space they take up in your kitchen.
They come in various sizes, but I would highly encourage you to get at least a 6-QT Crock-Pot. This will give you plenty of room to make big batches of soup, stew or even these slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs for a party!
Not wanting to clean up a mess?
Sometimes your slow cooker can be a bit of a hassle to clean-up. If you want to save even more time, these Slow Cooker Liners can be thrown away after use.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a super simple and easy appetizer recipe for game days, holiday get-togethers, or Super Bowl parties!
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg whisked
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs gluten-free
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing optional
- In a medium-sized bowl combine hot sauce, butter, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and sour cream. Whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken, egg, ½ teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper, and Panko breadcrumbs to a large bowl. Mix by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Roll chicken mixture into 2-tablespoon sized balls to form meatballs.
- Add half of the buffalo sauce into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Next, place meatballs in a single layer on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Lastly, pour remaining buffalo sauce over the meatballs.
- Turn slow cooker on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 3-4 hours.
- Turn off heat and let meatballs and sauce set for at least 20 minutes before serving.*
- Serve buffalo chicken meatballs with ranch or blue cheese dressing and enjoy!
*If sauce begins to separate, remove meatballs, whisk the sauce until smooth, and return meatballs to the slow cooker.