Boy do these pecans take me back. A little over 4 years ago I met my now-husband’s family. Being a little anxious, nervous and excited I thought bringing a little gift might help ease the nerves. Since I had only been dating Cohl for a little over a month, I had no idea what any of his family members’ interests were. What did I know they all had in common, though?! They were humans–and humans like food. After finding a few cute containers I whipped up a batch of these Cinnamon Spiced Candied Pecans. As the aroma filled the house I knew that at least Cohl’s family would feel confident that I could keep him fed.
When Cohl came up to my apartment he looked at me with a smile and a hint of mischief in his eyes. “What’s up?” I asked. “We’re all riding to the restaurant together… in a minivan,” he replied. As if my stomach wasn’t doing flip-flops enough, it now felt like a gold medal winning Olympic gymnast. As Cohl and I made our way to the back seat I was beyond thankful I had thought to make these pecans. No one wants to meet their boyfriend’s family when everyone is hangry. (hungry + angry = hangry) The night went off without a hitch and little did I know that was the first gift I would ever give my future in-laws! Hope you enjoy!
Cinnamon Spiced Candied Pecans
These cinnamon-spiced pecans are so addicting!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Whisk egg white in a large bowl until foamy. Once foamy, toss pecans in egg white.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Add ingredients to pecans/egg white and toss until pecans are evenly coated.
- Spray an aluminum foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pecans evenly onto sheet.
- Bake pecans for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure even cooking. Let sit for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!