Flavorful and refreshing, this Peach Salad is the perfect savory, summer recipe. Healthy greens are mixed with peach, goat cheese, nut, and avocado, then tossed in an easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Whip up this quick salad for a weeknight side or take it to a BBQ.
Fresh Peach Salad with Avocado
In the summer, fresh peaches are in ABUNDANCE. A quick trip to the grocery store or farmer’s market reveals mountains of different varieties.
Enter this savory and delicious Peach Salad with Avocado!
It’s hard to beat the layers of flavor with the sweet peaches combined with the sliced avocados, creamy goat cheese, toasted walnuts and pumpkin seeds, then drizzled with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette.
Finish it off with spinach for a milder flavor or sub in arugula for a spicy flair.
You can easily meal prep this salad to save time (just hold off on the peaches and avocados until just before you serve it!).
This one’s a winner for both a fancy summer soirée or a casual backyard BBQ. It also works perfectly as a light lunch; better yet, throw in some protein to make it a complete meal.
If you have extra peaches and fresh produce needing to be used, the best way to enjoy them is this simple summer salad. It just might become your new favorite!
The simple ingredients you need to make this summer peach salad recipe include:
- Mixed greens. Baby spinach is perfect for a mild flavor while peppery arugula can be used for a bit of a kick. Or, go for a blend of your favorite greens.
- Basil. Try your hand at fresh basil chiffonade for a beautiful and impressive presentation.
- Goat cheese. This bright, fresh cheese is an ideal balance to the sweet peaches. Grab a crumbled variety so it disperses evenly throughout the salad.
- Onion. Red onion adds good flavor, but a white, sweet, or yellow onion can be used. Check out how to slice an onion.
- Nuts and seeds. Toasted walnuts and toasted pumpkin seeds add the best texture and flavor. But, you can sub in pecans if desired. For a sweeter version, use these cinnamon sugar pecans, or go with savory spiced pecans for a kick.
- Peaches. Sliced peaches are called for. Look for firm but ripe and juicy peaches. Overly soft peaches will yield a mushy salad, and so will previously frozen ones. Either yellow or white peaches will work. (Learn more about how to ripen peaches.)
- Avocado. Again, look for a firm avocado with no bruises or softness. (Here’s how to store avocados and also how to ripen avocados)
- Balsamic vinaigrette. You can either buy a bottle of salad dressing at the store or whip up your own with simple dressing ingredients like avocado or extra-virgin olive oil, good balsamic vinegar, and a sweetener. Find even more details in this balsamic vinaigrette recipe.
How to Make a Peach Salad
Below, you’ll find the simple steps to make this fresh peach salad recipe:
Make the Dressing
In a mason jar, blender, or small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, sweetener, and a pinch of salt.
Shake or stir well until all of the ingredients are combined. Set aside until you’re ready to use.
Note: You may need to shake the dressing again just before serving.
Combine the Ingredients
You can either make this just before serving or combine most of the salad ingredients and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Add the greens, basil, goat cheese, onion, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds to a large bowl. If you’re meal prepping, cover it tightly and set it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
If you’re ready to enjoy it, mix in the sliced peaches and avocado and pour the dressing over the top of the salad. You can add as much or as little as you like.
Toss to combine and enjoy!
Meal Prep and Storage
- How to prep ahead of time: Mix together everything except the peaches, avocado, and dressing and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- How to store: Leftover salad will keep in the fridge up to 2 to 3 days, but the ingredients will get mushy.
- How to freeze: It is not recommended to freeze this salad.
What goes with peach salad?
Just about anything you’d serve alongside a salad will work with this peach salad! It’s perfect for a busy weeknight, at a BBQ, or even with steak for a date night.
What dressing to serve with peach salad?
The best dressing for peach salad is a balsamic vinaigrette. The tangy, rich flavors are the perfect balance to the sweet and savory ingredients.
The recipe you’ll find below is already vegetarian as written. Here are some adjustments and substitutions you can make to help it fit your other dietary requirements:
- Dairy-free: Skip the goat cheese, or sub in a dairy-free version.
- Gluten-free: Ensure the dressing is free of gluten.
- Vegan: Stick with maple syrup and not honey.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Firm is best. Be sure the juicy summer peaches and avocado have no bruises.
- In season. Peaches picked fresh will have the most flavor and offer the best results.
- DIY. It’s quick and easy to whip up your own dressing. Make extra and save some for later.
- Be a prepper. This recipe is perfect to make ahead of time. Just save the peaches, avocado, and dressing until you’re ready to eat.
- Serve it up. Enjoy this salad with burgers, for a date night, or bring it to a picnic.
What to Serve with Peach Salad
The fresh, summer flavors of this salad pair beautifully with a variety of main dish recipes. Try any of these next.
More Summer Salad Recipes
When it’s too hot to turn on the oven, look no further for fresh and delicious summertime salads than these healthy recipes.
And don’t miss this Broccoli Bacon Salad. All of these will be your new favorite summer salads.
Peach Salad with Avocado
Flavorful and refreshing, this Peach Salad is the perfect savory, summer recipe. Healthy greens are mixed with peach, goat cheese, nut, and avocado, then tossed in an easy balsamic vinaigrette.
- 10-12 oz. mixed greens spinach, or arugula
- ¼ cup basil chiffonade
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnuts toasted
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds roasted and salted
- 1 lb. peaches sliced*
- 1 large avocado or 2 small, sliced*
- Black Pepper
- ½ cup oil avocado or olive
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar really good
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- Pinch salt
Add the greens, basil, goat cheese, onion, toasted walnuts, and pumpkin seeds to a large bowl. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours until ready to serve.
Combine the oil, vinegar, sweetener, and a pinch of salt in a mason jar or blender. Shake or blend until well combined. Store at room temperature until ready to use.
Just before serving, add the sliced peaches and avocado and pour the dressing over the salad until it’s coated to your preference. Toss until everything is well mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
*Do not slice the peaches or avocado more than 10 minutes before serving as they will turn brown.
**Nutritional information is calculated with 2/3 of the dressing used.