Look no further than this Air Fryer Pizza Rolls recipe for a super quick and easy game day or holiday party appetizer. It couldn’t be simpler than opening a bag, tossing pizza rolls in an air fryer, and setting a timer. Once you know how to cook these frozen snacks in the air fryer, it’s time to start the celebration!
Air Frying Frozen Pizza Rolls
This post is VERY unlike any of the others you will find on the site.
But one of my New Year’s resolutions, and part of my divorce transformation, has been to be real.
Like REALLY real.
And that includes admitting that I make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls. Especially when I’m hosting parties!
So of course, with my love of air frying ALL things, I recently discovered you can, indeed, cook frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer!
The best part about this cooking process is it saves time and the results are crispy and delicious. In fact, this is the only way I make delicious pizza rolls now.
Whether for an after-school snack or game day party, get ready to bust out this recipe for crunchy pizza rolls.
To make this simple crispy pizza roll recipe you only need one ingredient:
- Pizza rolls. That’s it! Opt for Totino’s if available, though you might choose different brands or a healthier variety. You can get pepperoni, combination, cheese, or even supreme. You’ll find these in the frozen food aisle.
How to Air Fry Pizza Rolls
The basic steps for making air fryer pizza rolls are simple to follow:
Preheat the Air Fryer
First, preheat the air fryer to 380℉. Allow it to warm up for at least 3 minutes.
This step is actually really important. Similar to the oven, you want a hot air fryer before adding the food.
Spray the grate with cooking spray if you want.
Then, get your bag of pizza rolls out of the freezer and open it.
Air Fry the Pizza Rolls
Place the pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Be sure none of them are touching.
Depending on the size of the basket, you can likely fit up to 25 pieces at a time.
Cook the pizza rolls for 7 to 8 minutes, being sure to give the basket a good shake halfway through.
The cook time will vary depending on the size of your air fryer, so pay attention. They are done when they’re golden brown.
Let Cool and Enjoy
If you’ve ever enjoyed these pockets before, you KNOW they will be hot when they come out.
To save your lips and tongue from burns from the gooey cheese, allow the pizza bites to sit for a few minutes before digging in.
Meal Prep and Storage
- How to store: If there are leftover pizza rolls, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
- How to reheat: For best results place them back in the air fryer at 325℉ for 4 to 5 minutes. Or, use the microwave. However, they will come out soggy.
Are Totino’s pizza rolls hot?
Yes! After baking these easy pizza rolls in the oven or air fryer, they will come out very hot. Even if the outsides don’t feel excessively hot, the inside will be more than warmed. Be sure to allow the pockets plenty of time to cool.
What can you put on pizza rolls?
You can serve these air-fried pizza rolls with your favorite dipping sauce! Try marinara sauce, ranch, or another wing sauce for the most flavor.
What are the different types of pizza rolls?
Typically, there are four different types of pizza rolls you can get from Totino’s. You can choose between pepperoni, pepperoni and sausage combination, triple cheese, or supreme. Sometimes, there are special flavors available, as well.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Switch it up. Be sure to try the different flavors available.
- Get it hot. Allow the air fryer to heat up thoroughly before adding the pizza rolls.
- Shake it. Stir them up halfway through cooking for better results.
- Let it sit. These will be hot! So let them cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
- Dip away. Pizza pockets are delicious with dipping sauces like ranch and marinara.
More Appetizer Recipes
This is such an easy recipe, it’s no sweat to add some other appetizers for a complete spread.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Look no further than this Air Fryer Pizza Rolls recipe for a super simple party appetizer. You can't get easier than opening a bag, tossing pizza rolls in an air fryer, and setting a timer.
- 1 bag Totino’s pizza rolls
Preheat a 6-quart air fryer to 380°F for at least 3 minutes.
Add up to 25 pizza rolls to the basket in a single layer.
Cook for 7-8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving with marinara sauce and ranch dressing.
Meal Prep and Storage
- How to store: If there are leftover pizza rolls, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days..
- How to reheat: For best results, warm these rolls back up, and place them back in the air fryer at 325℉ for 4 to 5 minutes. Or, use the microwave. However, they will be soggy.